Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Greenland sees record-smashing early ice Sheet Melt

Weather it's 90 % of all scientist or 1% does it really matter. Common sense just tells you that whatever we can do to help the environment we should be doing. This is not a religious matter this is a people matter. We should try everything humanly possible to lower our greenhouse gas emissions. A cleaner planet is always a good thing..

That's not at all what common sense tells you. We shouldn't being doing something just because we can. We should be considering the need, the cost and the benefit of the things we can do before we do them.

That's not at all what common sense tells you. We shouldn't being doing something just because we can. We should be considering the need, the cost and the benefit of the things we can do before we do them.

If we stopped doing stupid fucking shit for profit and gain then we wouldn't have to worry about the need, the cost, and the benefit of fixing them in the first place.

Cost and benifit to whom? I say everyone you say the few.. Try and fix the planet or die. Pretty easy one to pick in my opinion.

For governmental CO2 policing, I would be ok with a CO2 tax if it came to it, but I'm very much against cap and trade.

The best thing we can do is subsidize/promote energy education and research in my opinion.

If we stopped doing stupid fucking shit for profit and gain then we wouldn't have to worry about the need, the cost, and the benefit of fixing them in the first place.

I think doing shit for profit is actually how we're going to fix this.

And, if there was a tax on CO2, I want the money raised to be paid back out to companies in proportion to how much CO2 they can sequester.

so the profit motive is to blame for pollution? that's just stupid.

Cost and benifit to whom? I say everyone you say the few.. Try and fix the planet or die. Pretty easy one to pick in my opinion.

that's not true at all - I never said the few vs. the many and we're clearly not at the point where we need to fix the planet or we'll all going to die. It's like you and sgg are trying to out stupid each other with each new post.

For governmental CO2 policing, I would be ok with a CO2 tax if it came to it, but I'm very much against cap and trade.

The best thing we can do is subsidize/promote energy education and research in my opinion.

promote, yes. subsidize only as a last resort. Like I said in the other thread, we should be promoting nuclear power - we can be off coal and gas in 5 to 10 years, at least for baseload power - unless those small modular reactors can be brought on and off line quickly (I don't know enough about them but I know the nucs we have can't be brought on/off line quickly or efficiently - they have to run full time), you would still need something a bit more flexible than nuclear for peak generation.

Only the stupid don't believe the climate change Hack. So you and the other 3% can go pray to God almighty for the fix. We should as a people start by stop clear cutting for the cattle and poultry industry. We can make total clean efficient transportation if we just stop bickering and get it done. We can totally be more clean and you know it.

promote, yes. subsidize only as a last resort. Like I said in the other thread, we should be promoting nuclear power - we can be off coal and gas in 5 to 10 years, at least for baseload power - unless those small modular reactors can be brought on and off line quickly (I don't know enough about them but I know the nucs we have can't be brought on/off line quickly or efficiently - they have to run full time), you would still need something a bit more flexible than nuclear for peak generation.

It's intuitive that a smaller reactor could be brought online faster, I don't know if it would be fast enough to cycle in a single day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close.

It's intuitive that a smaller reactor could be brought online faster, I don't know if it would be fast enough to cycle in a single day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close.

Of course, to be effective peak generation is has to be brought on and offline quickly and efficiently. But I agree, it seems intuitive and would make sense that if it can be brought online quickly and efficiently, it can probably be shut down easily as well, but I don't know enough about it to say for sure. Maybe that will be mentioned at the next TED talk.

Only the stupid don't believe the climate change Hack. So you and the other 3% can go pray to God almighty for the fix. We should as a people start by stop clear cutting for the cattle and poultry industry. We can make total clean efficient transportation if we just stop bickering and get it done. We can totally be more clean and you know it.

No Bob, only the stupid think that people who question whether what's happening to the climate is man made, catastrophic and whether we can do anything about it are science denying bible thumpers - i.e. you. I never said we couldn't be cleaner - I've advocated over and over again on here for cleaner energy to combat pollution to protect the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink - I'm just not a chicken little scaremongerer or a sheep, like you. Again, try to keep up, dumbass.

Last edited:
No Bob, only the stupid think that people who question whether what's happening to the climate is man made, dangerous and whether we can do anything about it are science denying bible thumpers - i.e. you. I never said we couldn't be cleaner - I've advocated over and over again on here for cleaner energy to combat pollution to protect the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink. Again, try to keep up, dumbass.

Hack stop twist fucking the words you Hack .. you either believe in global warming or you don't, So take that Bible you f****** carry around and thump it on your head.I am so glad shit for brain you want clean air, water, and food.. God damn hack you are so fucking smart . Why didn't we think of that.

Last edited:
Hack stop twist fucking the words you Hack .. you either believe in global warming or you don't, So take that Bible you f****** carry around and thump it on your head.I am so glad shit for brain you want clean air, water, and food.. God damn hack you are so fucking smart . Why didn't we think of that.

Put the bottle down Bob, you're making an even bigger ass of yourself than usual. I'm not twisting anything - I make substantive arguments and you accuse me of bible thumping, when I haven't mentioned God once. I'd say you're the one twisting words but I honestly don't think you're smart enough to do that. You're just an idiot and arguing with an idiot is a waste of time. Have fun, dumbass.

Last edited:
Put the bottle down Bob, you're making an even bigger ass of yourself than usual. I'm not twisting anything - I make substantive arguments and you accuse me of bible thumping, when I haven't mentioned God once. I'd say you're the one twisting words but I honestly don't think you're smart enough to do that. You're just an idiot and arguing with an idiot is a waste of time. Have fun, dumbass.

Whatever you say Hack . Get off your high and mighty self for a change SM.
I cannot drink Hack.. I am sure I have mentioned this on this board lol.

Last edited:
Back