Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Grienke?

theTutor

If ESPN is right and Brewers dangle him, you think we should go after him?

I am not sure of his contract situation. I dont see us adding much more in the way of payroll. I would rather get a 2nd baseman or a SS. Our starting pitching has been doing better if Fister can stay healthy and JV is JV. We are only games out and bats are heating up.

if this means firing Leyland and hiring someone cheaper... I'm all for it!

lol

It would cost a whole lot but it may be something to look at...

It would cost a whole lot but it may be something to look at...

He would cost too much, isn't under team control very long, and has a good sized contract. If Detroit were to acquire a pitcher, I hope it is either Ryan Dempster or Wade Miley.

He would cost too much, isn't under team control very long, and has a good sized contract. If Detroit were to acquire a pitcher, I hope it is either Ryan Dempster or Wade Miley.

only one person pays his salary, not us. Grienke would take care of a need for years. So would Weeks. Would you rather have shit guys and pay nothing or spend money and fill needs that we wont have to worry about?

Grienke is a FA after this year. Weeks is signed through 2015, is one of the worst defensive 2B and is barely about .180 BAVG this year. Any trade pieces that is needed to get these two would certainly help DET better if we didn't use them in a trade like this. I see no solutions, just more issues.

Weeks has a lot of potential and having a bad year. He's picking it up. I think he needs a change of venue, like Peralta did. His bat in front of Cabby and Prince would be scary. Don't forget some of his all-star numbers were with Fielder. If he doesn't produce, he's not going to get paid much anyway. If he ends of getting paid a lot, then that means he produced and that's good for us. I can overlook his defense since we havent had it there in a while.

Because Grienke is a FA and because Weeks is struggling, they might not cost as much as you think.

Yeah, I don't want Weeks, at all. He's never have a season with above a .280 avg and he has a .776 OPS. His glove is awful too. Not really an upgrade, especially with the season he is having so far.

Weeks has a lot of potential and having a bad year. He's picking it up. I think he needs a change of venue, like Peralta did. His bat in front of Cabby and Prince would be scary. Don't forget some of his all-star numbers were with Fielder. If he doesn't produce, he's not going to get paid much anyway. If he ends of getting paid a lot, then that means he produced and that's good for us. I can overlook his defense since we havent had it there in a while.

Because Grienke is a FA and because Weeks is struggling, they might not cost as much as you think.

Grienke will cost a lot, regardless if he does or doesn't stay. I have to agree with Rebbiv on this one.

And if we add a bat for 2B, we him that person to play solid defensively. Our defense sucks so bad that having another defensive thud creates more problems.

Dempsey, a 2 month rental, for a tier B prospect at best, maybe. But going from the NL to AL I'm not keen on. Though I wouldn't mind a starter, maybe throw Porcello in the pen for awhile.

Then we'd have to make a new thread called " Zach Grienke is not an "Ace".

I don't see making a move for an SP that's going to cost us what Grienke would, too many other holes better off filled for the resources the Brewers would want for him.

Back