Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gunther

adam86107

Has anyone heard or seen anything at all about whether or not he is still with the organization? I know they already named the new DC but I haven't heard anything about them firing Gunther.

Has anyone heard or seen anything at all about whether or not he is still with the organization? I know they already named the new DC but I haven't heard anything about them firing Gunther.

I assume it's a foregone conclusion now that we have a DC. What else could be do..

We still need an offensive coordinator.

Despite Gunther's attempts to demonstrate to the Lions offense how points are scored in football, they didn't pay attention to him so I'm not sure he is the best OC either.

I was kinda wondering the same thing. You'd think he'd be gone now, but there's usually some official comment to that affect, no?

I was curious about this, it was a no brainer even when Mayhew didn't fire him straight out that he would be gone at one point - you think it would have helped him getting fired earlier to get a better chance to get rehired by someone..

I was curious about this, it was a no brainer even when Mayhew didn't fire him straight out that he would be gone at one point - you think it would have helped him getting fired earlier to get a better chance to get rehired by someone..

Probably some contractual hook that we aren't aware of but who really knows.

Saw something posted about Austin where he was saying he wanted blitz a lot more and bring pressure from all over the field. So thats exciting. Not that Gunther didnt want to blitz more but I think with Schwartz gone we will be able to really get after it with extra attackers.

I just read today that he's going to mix in some 3-4 looks now too. I think a front of Suh-Fairley-Ansah would be pretty nice to see a few times a game.

Saw something posted about Austin where he was saying he wanted blitz a lot more and bring pressure from all over the field. So thats exciting. Not that Gunther didnt want to blitz more but I think with Schwartz gone we will be able to really get after it with extra attackers.

Was the reason the Lions didn't blitz very often during the Shorts/Cunningham tenure b/c of the frequent piss-poor play of their CBs?

Austin may want to blitz more, but he may not be able to as often as he would like unless they can add talent in the draft and/or trades/FA, also improve the performance of their back 7 on D.

Was the reason the Lions didn't blitz very often during the Shorts/Cunningham tenure b/c of the frequent piss-poor play of their CBs?

Austin may want to blitz more, but he may not be able to as often as he would like unless they can add talent in the draft and/or trades/FA, also improve the performance of their back 7 on D.

You have too at least think partially but there were times they did blitz it went well..you can't just take it out of the playbook. Gotta keep the offense guessing..

I'd like to see the percentage of the Lion's sacks that came when blitzing/not blitzing in 2013. Can't seem to find that information. As little as they blitzed, I'd be willing to bet that at least half of their sacks came from the blitz. And as you all know, we rarely sent more than 4. If that's the case, I think a little more blitzing could be good.

I'd like to see the percentage of the Lion's sacks that came when blitzing/not blitzing in 2013. Can't seem to find that information. As little as they blitzed, I'd be willing to bet that at least half of their sacks came from the blitz. And as you all know, we rarely sent more than 4. If that's the case, I think a little more blitzing could be good.

need guys who are quick enough to get to the QB in under 3 seconds...not sure we currently have personnel capable of that. 40 times play into that only slightly, because in pads and navigating through the traffic of OL v DL means quickness is better than flat out speed. lions D to my knowledge has not been called quick in...uhhh....well...OH, there was...nope...i got nuthin.

When Gunther was first brought in wasn't there a lot of talk about how much he liked to blitz and how the majority of his playbook was blitzes? It seemed that quickly went away.

Back