Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guys I'm Watching in the Combine

thehippo73

I figure I would throw out some guys at each position since we could use someone at every position.

First half of the draft positions -DE, OLB, CB, TE, OL, S, ILB
Second half - QB, RB, WR, DT,
Obviously some of the first half positions will be filled in the second half of the draft and hopefully free agency.

QB - Jake Browning, Washington State
Brett Rypien, Boise St

RB - Rodney Anderson, Oklahoma
LJ Scott, Michigan St

WR - Mecole Hardman, Georgia
Nyqwan Murray, Florida St

TE - CJ Conrad, Kentucky
Kaden Smith, Stanford

OL - Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
Ben Powers, Oklahoma

DE - Clelin Ferrell, Clemson
Jaylon Ferguson, LA Tech

DT - DeMarcus Christmas, Florida St
Kingsley Keke, Texas A&M

OLB - Josh Allen, Kentucky
Christian Miller, Alabama

ILB - Devin White, LSU
Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin

CB - Greedy Williams, LSU
Isaiah Johnson, Houston

S - Lukas Denis, Boston College
Marvel Tell, USC

Last edited:
DK Metcalf......I’m in.

Dude is built like a LB.....runs like CJ....great hands.

I know we don’t need him.....but holy shit that’d be nice!

DK Metcalf......I?m in.

I know we don?t need him.....but holy shit that?d be nice!

I would've been so against this before. Now? Even if he might not be my first choice, I'd have a hell of a time arguing against it.

DK Metcalf......I?m in.

I know we don?t need him.....but holy shit that?d be nice!

But with questionable hands and a limited route tree. Not saying he isn't a beast but we can't do this move. This kid could be the next David Boston or the next Julio Jones. The Lions have to hit on their pick. Not play the "maybe" game...

I read an article that hinted at it "D.K. Metcalf too muscle bound?". Boston was good early until he decided he wanted to be Mr. Muscle that couldn't cut any more or extend his arms.

I read an article that hinted at it "D.K. Metcalf too muscle bound?". Boston was good early until he decided he wanted to be Mr. Muscle that couldn't cut any more or extend his arms.

I read that too. I don't care how muscled up he is really. It's all about , "is he comfortable at a certain weight"? Metcalf was extremely productive in college. Almost impossible to cover because of his size but his hands were suspect. Dropped easy balls too much. Is that what we want again?
I'm more impressed with Montez Sweat running a 4.4 40 at 6'6" 260lbs. That's fucking crazy...

Last edited:
Couple guys im interested for rounds 2 and 3 are Taylor Rapp safety from Washington , Benny Snell RB Kentucky and Lil Jordan Humphrey WR from Texas ...Know more about the latter two as they were keys to my college fantasy championship haha and watched alot of their games .

I read that too. I don't care how muscled up he is really. It's all about , "is he comfortable at a certain weight"? Metcalf was extremely productive in college. Almost impossible to cover because of his size but his hands were suspect. Dropped easy balls too much. Is that what we want again?
I'm more impressed with Montez Sweat running a 4.4 40 at 6'6" 260lbs. That's fucking crazy...

Trade down some spots and get Sweat or Polite has quickly become my first option for this draft. Devin White at #8 is a close second. Any of the top 3 CBs at #8 is my third option.

D.K. Metcalf was ridiculous in many drills at the combine, but his three cone time (7.38) was slower than Paxton Lynch, Joe Flacco, and David DeCastro.

https://twitter.com/KevinRDuffy/status/1102607997799448576

*edit* For more reference, Jarvis Landry's was even slower.

Last edited:
4.38 for greedy. Great time for a kid with his length. Questionable in run support.

Back