Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ha Ha! Clinton Dix

kiddkush

First off I'm suprised they went public with the story. Other than it makes them look self righteous.. like they're actually implementing stadards or something. Well Ha! Ha! To that! Bc we all know, the coaching staff prob caught wind of it b4 the season started and just waited for a oportune time to realese it to the media. Thus suspending easily 1 of their best players during the softest part of their already cup cake schedule!

Yes, it's against the rules, but if it really was just a $500 loan, to me, that seems like an indicator that things aren't that bad there. If a guy needs a $500 loan, he isn't grabbing booster money with every handshake. Of course without some investigating, you don't know if a $500 loan is really what happened.

The amount of money isn't a big deal, but this is a coach giving money to a player. Every coaching staff knows that is expressly forbidden by the NCAA, but Alabama doesn't seem to think it's that big of a deal. They just cited "violation of team rules" for suspending Clinton-Dix.

I can see where you are coming from red, but I can also see the other side. Do their coaches just think they can do this and get away with it at any time? It's possible.

I think it's phony posturing by Alabama intended to demonstrate "institutional control" in the wake of the Yahoo/SI story on corruption in the SEC.

Cupcake schedule for the next month and C-D gets to comeback just in time to make the conference run.

And Manziel gets a half vs. Rice .....

I think it's phony posturing by Alabama intended to demonstrate "institutional control" in the wake of the Yahoo/SI story on corruption in the SEC.

Cupcake schedule for the next month and C-D gets to comeback just in time to make the conference run.

And Manziel gets a half vs. Rice .....

I completely agree. I'm glad someone gets it. How do we know it was just $500. Doesn't it seem fishy just the day before. Satan said " we do not discuss team violations, so don't ask" To the coveted well timed SECESPN??.

Back