Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh 7th best coach in BIG

We aren't just struggling against the dirty programs. Wisconsin has beat us into the core of the earth two games in a row. They barely practiced for three weeks before the game this year and we looked like the completely unprepared team.

We are 1-1 against Iowa while averaging a pathetic 11.5 PPG. It's not going to look any better after Saturday night.

IU beat the shit out of us.

.500 against MSU and PSU.

The issues go beyond just getting killed by OSU.

that's a good point. I mean - discounting this season, which is a shitshow and everyone should acknowledge that.

But we've also beaten the shit out of UW as often as they beat the shit out of us, and I think you can expect a bad road loss here and there. Hell, Purdue beat the shit out of OSU once a couple years ago. And we had a very good 2018 season, up until OSU, and we even turned 2019 around, hanging with PSU on the road (a drop away from OT), and blowing 4 teams in a row out, up until AGAIN... OSU.

That game though has consistently been one-sided. And even if you think "yeah, all conferences sometimes pull strings for the team with the best chance" why did they do that for OSU in 2016? We both had one loss, and they had struggled more in their season, and were less impressive coming into that game (and of course, got destroyed in the playoffs, 31-0). There's something else going on...

I'm not arguing this point further. I've seen enough. I've been watching football for 30+ years, and I've seen enough lately to know there's some bullshit going on, and I don't GAF what happens anymore. The sport is dirty as hell, and I don't care about it.

Getting emotionally involved in the outcome of a WWE match makes more sense than caring who wins CFB. Yes, I'll still watch Michigan play, because of my loyalty to my alma mater and long time fandom, but I really don't care like I used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issues go beyond just getting killed by OSU.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true. If beating OSU is what it's all about, and that doesn't look close to happening, it would be tough to stay motivated for the rest of it.

But we've also beaten the shit out of UW as often as they beat the shit out of us, and I think you can expect a bad road loss here and there.

Unfortunately, we have not.

2020 - L - 49-11
2019 - L - 35-14
2018 - W - 38-13
2017 - L - 24-10
2016 - W - 14-7

that's a good point. I mean - discounting this season, which is a shitshow and everyone should acknowledge that.

But we've also beaten the shit out of UW as often as they beat the shit out of us, and I think you can expect a bad road loss here and there. Hell, Purdue beat the shit out of OSU once a couple years ago. And we had a very good 2018 season, up until OSU, and we even turned 2019 around, hanging with PSU on the road (a drop away from OT), and blowing 4 teams in a row out, up until AGAIN... OSU.

That game though has consistently been one-sided. And even if you think "yeah, all conferences sometimes pull strings for the team with the best chance" why did they do that for OSU in 2016? We both had one loss, and they had struggled more in their season, and were less impressive coming into that game (and of course, got destroyed in the playoffs, 31-0). There's something else going on...

Forget about OSU. Michigan is light years from competing with them. You have 2 excuses; covid and OSU cheats. Neither explains the failure to be the #2 team in the Big 10

Michigan has not kicked UW's as often as they have kicked Michigan's ass. That might have been true, but it is not anymore. I was saying the same after UW kicked Michigan's ass last year. I fully expected Michigan to beat UW this season. It wasn't even close. I guess UW is cheating, so keep Harbaugh forever, because he played for and graduated from Michigan 40 years ago. He can do no wrong.

I'm not sure if that's 100% true. If beating OSU is what it's all about, and that doesn't look close to happening, it would be tough to stay motivated for the rest of it.

I'd love to see Michigan become the #2 team in the big 10 and only lose to Ohio State for a few seasons just to see how unhappy we would be, but Harbaugh can't manage better than 8th or 9th.

Remember what the smoking man said in the X Files? "They(Buffalo Bills) will never win the Super Bowl while I'm alive." I'm beginning to think that is the case with Michigan Football. Somebody somewhere is still pissed off about something.

After Michigan won the 100th meeting, we were never to win again. That pass on the last play by Braxton Miller was supposed to be caught, but someone fucked up and we were actually gifted 2011.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Michigan become the #2 team in the big 10 and only lose to Ohio State for a few seasons just to see how unhappy we would be, but Harbaugh can't manage better than 8th or 9th.
I'm starting to wonder how Cooper did it.

When the team you root for sucks, fans react in 1 of 2 ways. They get mad and desire change OR they stop caring. I remember when Michigan basketball sucked from 99 through the Amaker days. Most Michigan fans would just say, "Who cares about basketball?" It's a shame that people are now feeling that way about football.

Last edited:
Back