Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh lists $13MM Atherton, CA home for sale

Considering homes were being way overvalued, a regression to normal had to happen.

In my suburb it didn't get too absurd... maybe adding another $50K to $300K houses, which is still a big % increase for a 1 year period when you do the math, but not an eye-popping "I'll never be able to buy a house again" one.

in the city, in like yuppie/gentrifying or moderately wealthy neighborhoods, the amount of the increase in the last year was shocking. Like mid 6 figures to low 7 figures. Some areas seemed to double in price.

it's all ridiculous. There aren't that many new home buyers... population growth is slowing or negative across the country. Financial speculation has to be driving a lot of this. Banks or REITs buying properties are competing against normal
owner occupiers. Fuck em.

In my suburb it didn't get too absurd... maybe adding another $50K to $300K houses, which is still a big % increase for a 1 year period when you do the math, but not an eye-popping "I'll never be able to buy a house again" one.

in the city, in like yuppie/gentrifying or moderately wealthy neighborhoods, the amount of the increase in the last year was shocking. Like mid 6 figures to low 7 figures. Some areas seemed to double in price.

it's all ridiculous. There aren't that many new home buyers... population growth is slowing or negative across the country. Financial speculation has to be driving a lot of this. Banks or REITs buying properties are competing against normal
owner occupiers. Fuck em

Far too many private equity firms focusing on real estate now. Buying homes, to turn into rentals, for 20-50% over value and driving up the market. I hate everyone who works for those companies.

link. :ugh:

football coaches are overpaid.

It's a drop in the bucket of how messed up it all is when you think how much money is ultimately driven by advertising. You make so much money showing people your logo over and over and over it's worth paying for most of the sports, news, and TV that exist. I guess we really are sheeple. "Wake up!"

Youre not kidding. I was looking at zillow yesterday and there are almost as many houses over $5MM in Atherton alone, as there are in all of Michigan.

Yeah, beyond a certain point, things don't scale with cost of living. Just stuff in the middle range.

Picture #11 shows the main laundry room with larger, side-by-side washer dryer. Picture #33 shows secondary laundry room with stacked.

Either the secondary is upstairs closer to bedrooms and is used for doing the daily clothes while the other is used for bigger items like bedspreads, or the 2nd is used by guests who are visiting for longer periods. Or if they had a live-in assistant, that was their laundry room.

It is an 8,000 sqft home, multiple options and reasons to have 2 laundry rooms.

Having laundry rooms on 2nd floor near bedrooms is finally catching on. It makes little sense to schlep up and down the stairs when a little forethought improves efficiency and convenience. Over next decade I believe more older homes will be retro-fitted with upstairs laundry, even if it results in stacked machines due to lack of space and connectors.

The 2nd laundry room is the pool house. The pool house is a fully livable house on it's own. I knew somebody living in a pool house once. I guess that's a thing in these crazy markets; people living in mansions, renting their pool houses.

it stopped being a sellers market a couple months ago.

I'm seeing things sit for weeks around me now, without offers.

the CARES bailout rescue money ran out, I guess.

gonna be a buyer's market soon?

Still a sellers market here.

Back