Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh's presser - 2023 Big Ten Media Days

Michchamp

Link. Yahoo has the entire 38:00 clip. I haven't finished watching it yet, but I watched a couple of other coaches (who shall remain nameless), and it's so clear how much more of a personality Harbaugh has by comparison.

He repeatedly has to shut down questions of the NCAA thing, but says he wishes he could lay it all out there.

Link. Yahoo has the entire 38:00 clip. I haven't finished watching it yet, but I watched a couple of other coaches (who shall remain nameless), and it's so clear how much more of a personality Harbaugh has by comparison.

He repeatedly has to shut down questions of the NCAA thing, but says he wishes he could lay it all out there.

It?s time for another damn (still mythical) national champion.

After the 2020 season, I think maybe you and I were the only believers here in coach Jim.

Maybe our buddy Vic, who doesn?t post much anymore, and maybe byco.

Two consecutive conference titles since then.

Time to get to that next mountaintop.

After the 2020 season, I think maybe you and I were the only believers here in coach Jim.

What about bob? Great movie.

why are you commenting on (yet another) Michigan thread, on the Michigan board, that has nothing to do with MSU? You are totally obsessed. We are living rent free in your head.

I know, right?

As for our Bob, I love Bob.

Once he saw a shirt that had the word ?tinsel? on it; he contacted me, and I asked him to buy it for me (of course I paid him).

Have he and I ever quarreled over disagreement?

I guess it has happened, from time to time.

It?s family, right?

I know, right?

As for our Bob, I love Bob.

Once he saw a shirt that had the word ?tinsel? on it; he contacted me, and I asked him to buy it for me (of course I paid him).

Have he and I ever quarreled over disagreement?

I guess it has happened, from time to time.

It?s family, right?

Agreed, I just wanted to throw in that apt movie title given he was one of the first to give up on Harbaugh.

why are you commenting on (yet another) Michigan thread, on the Michigan board, that has nothing to do with MSU? You are totally obsessed. We are living rent free in your head.

See my post #5.

The Spartans on this board are also family - as I see it.

I?m gonna say my favorite memory from this board was when our friend gotime posted after the 2019 Michigan baseball run that he had thoroughly enjoyed watching the baseball postseason run.

I wanted Harbaugh to remain as the coach at Michigan. Link

I wanted Harbaugh to remain as the coach at Michigan. Link

I also did.

I see that in addition to Bob, Mitch and Hungry were on the wrong side of that debate. I'd imagine Hungry is okay with that, given how the last 2 seasons have gone. He doesn't seem to post anymore though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was definitely on the wrong side. I've voluntarily and happily ate my crow on here several times.

I was definitely on the wrong side. I've voluntarily and happily ate my crow on here several times.

Same......but we had good reason. 2020 was fucking jarring. Try watching those games again, yikes!!! The team stuck together, though, and I have to give Harbaugh total credit for that. He found the chip he needed. He was a different dude on the sideline and we all noticed. I wish that season never happened, but in hindsight, it had to. Its how life plays out. Some people are made stronger by hitting rock bottom. In this case, a whole team. I also think the loss to MSU was needed to beat OSU in 2021. I fucking hate it, but the team needed the lesson of finishing off their opponent in a big game.

Lesson learned.

I'm honestly kinda surprised to learn anyone put stock into the 2020 season results.

It's not like one that happened in "normal times" and it shows. It was disappointing Harbaugh didn't manage it better, but it was a meaningless season.

The thing the "Fire Harbaugh crowd" couldn't answer is "WHO would do a better job than him?"

How many coaches had better runs over 2015-2019 than Harbaugh? Saban, Meyer, Swinney, maybe Brian Kelley. Good luck hiring one of those guys away. And in hiring a person like that, you're bringing a scumbag into Ann Arbor, and we ALREADY KNOW how that goes. Michigan football isn't like the others; not saying it's perfect and above scandal, but it's not those other places.

I was all in.

I was all in.

Are you sure? Didn't you change your avatar to a pic of the words "FIRE JIM"?

And about the same time, you started posting about how great Kid Rock was, and how you bought a new F-150, and were going to jack it up and put a ram on the front?

Are you sure? Didn't you change your avatar to a pic of the words "FIRE JIM"?

And about the same time, you started posting about how great Kid Rock was, and how you bought a new F-150, and were going to jack it up and put a ram on the front?

Oh yeah. That was back when I was trying to convince everyone about how covid was fake and the vaccine was a mind control drug and there's no racial bias except against whites and global warming is a hoax like the moon landing.

Not only was I all in, but I didn't even think there was anybody in a position to have any impact that wasn't also all in. Harbaugh's job was never in the least bit of danger. It was just internet talk.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. That was back when I was trying to convince everyone about how covid was fake and the vaccine was a mind control drug and there's no racial bias except against whites and global warming is a hoax like the moon landing.

well, we've all been there. glad you came to your senses

Not only was I all in, but I didn't even think there was anybody in a position to have any impact that wasn't also all in. Harbaugh's job was never in the least bit of danger. It was just internet talk.

yep.

as with a lot of these issues, (and I hate to mention it, but..) there's a huge gulf between what fans say and what alumni fans say. And I'm glad the administration seems to listen to the latter, more than the former.

The coach at Michigan is more than his record.

Back