Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh's Record

No two teams have faced each other, both in the top ten, more times than Michigan - OSU. This is the 24th meeting. It's also 4 of the last 5. The 70's were more concentrated than that, but this is still a really impressive stretch we've got the short end of.

I wonder what those numbers would be when adjusted by End Of Season rankings. Those are more accurate IMO. How many Top 10 teams drop out by end of the year? Bo won so few Bowl Games, I doubt UM was still Top 10 at end of the year. And back then teams legit played their bowl games unlike now where kids decide not to play. After what happened to Butt, that is understandable. A nice 16 team playoff would help change that.

I wonder what those numbers would be when adjusted by End Of Season rankings. Those are more accurate IMO. How many Top 10 teams drop out by end of the year? Bo won so few Bowl Games, I doubt UM was still Top 10 at end of the year. And back then teams legit played their bowl games unlike now where kids decide not to play. After what happened to Butt, that is understandable. A nice 16 team playoff would help change that.

Bo?s first 10 teams finished no lower than 9th in either the AP or UPI poll. 15 of his 20 teams finished in the Top 10 of both polls. Only one team (1984) was unranked.

From 1990-present, by my quick count, M finished in the top-10 eleven times, in either one or both polls.

Last edited:

Well, since Michigan and OSU are always end of the season, the other rivalries out there certainly aren't any later in the season.

It?s just ridiculous how Michigan has been against their rivals in recent years. Osu freaking owns us and Msu is getting close to owning us also. Really frustrating that Michigan can?t become an elite level program in football.

It?s just ridiculous how Michigan has been against their rivals in recent years. Osu freaking owns us and Msu is getting close to owning us also. Really frustrating that Michigan can?t become an elite level program in football.

Dont have an elite coach so....

Well, since Michigan and OSU are always end of the season, the other rivalries out there certainly aren't any later in the season.

After the bowl games. UM lost several of those which would drop their rank, potentially out of top 10, same with OSU.

After the bowl games. UM lost several of those which would drop their rank, potentially out of top 10, same with OSU.

A lot of the other top ten matchups were with Schembechler - so probably the same thing then.

I heard a Stat yesterday that Michigan has only had 2 seasons in the past 20 years where they have not ended on a 2 or more game losing streak. 2011 and 2015. So regardless of how this weekend turns out hopefully we can get a bowl win and start rewriting that narrative.

Back