Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hardest scene to watch

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The scene from Saving Private Ryan (where Adam Goldberg's character is knifed slowly)... I hate this scene... It bugs the shit out of me and is hard to watch.....

I was thinking the same thing, that is a shitty scene.

That 'Me Lai' scene in Platoon is rough for sure .....And in Misery when Kathy Bates breaks ankles with a sledgehammer ...

The beheading in Braveheart and similar beheading of a Mom in Conan the Barbarian. That last one gave me nightmares as a kid for a while.

TheVictors03 said:
That 'Me Lai' scene in Platoon is rough for sure .....And in Misery when Kathy Bates breaks ankles with a sledgehammer ...

The beheading in Braveheart and similar beheading of a Mom in Conan the Barbarian. That last one gave me nightmares as a kid for a while.

The scene from Braveheart that bothered me was when the English soldiers took Wallaces wife put her against the pole and sliced her throat.

Then she calmly puts her hand up, like it's nothing while blood is pouring out.

MI_Thumb said:
TheVictors03 said:

The scene from Braveheart that bothered me was when the English soldiers took Wallaces wife put her against the pole and sliced her throat.

I must be a sick individual because I laughed

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":gzb5v1xt]

I must be a sick individual because I laughed [/quote:gzb5v1xt]

What was your favorite animal to torture as a kid?

TheVictors03 said:

I think you mean "My Lai."

in a different take on "hardest scene to watch," were there any movies as a kid that your parents would make you leave the room because it was violent/sexual, and they were overprotective?

I used to hate that. My grandma made my brother and I leave the room for the scene in Top Gun where Kelly McGillis and Tom Cruise get it on... even though it's basically PG-13. I finally saw it years later, and was like "THAT was it?"

ironic that both of them turned out to be gay anyways...

the suicide scene in "The Rules of Attraction" is pretty hard to watch.

When Nicky kills himself in the Deer Hunter.. Not Cringe worthy, but very sad.. And the end to Oldboy.. Makes me cringe..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Turner and hooch, when hooch dies.

Borat, when they're wrestling naked lol
You ever seen Bruno with the Harrison Ford interview/show on tape? Ridiculous montage of dancing..

Squeal like a pig.

*edit*

And am I the only one who has seen I Spit On Your Grave?? Damn movie had me cringing the entire time... especially the Acid Bath scene...

MichChamp02 said:
[quote author=dh2drob board=movies thread=1842 post=46609 time=1317342495]That 'Me Lai' scene in Platoon is rough for sure .....And in Misery when Kathy Bates breaks ankles with a sledgehammer ...

Yes, you're right ... My Lai (pronounced "Me Lie")

Vietnam Film class senior year ...one of the best classes I took but tough at times too.

MalFunkShun said:
Squeal like a pig.
Thankfully that part was in the background.. As for I'll Spit On Your Grave.. THe 70s camp and cheese really detracted away from it.. It was a decent grindhouse flick... Reminds me of A Clockwork Orange actually.. Both flicks didn't age well, if you are to take them seriously..

tigers99888 said:
MalFunkShun said:
Squeal like a pig.
Thankfully that part was in the background.. As for I'll Spit On Your Grave.. THe 70s camp and cheese really detracted away from it.. It was a decent grindhouse flick... Reminds me of A Clockwork Orange actually.. Both flicks didn't age well, if you are to take them seriously..

I spit on your Grave was a half a nipple from being XXX.

I remember seeing it and thinking me and my friends could do better acting and special effects.

A lot of the scenes in the Saw series. I don't do well with bones. Sawing through or breaking...ugh.

Beez said:
A lot of the scenes in the Saw series. I don't do well with bones. Sawing through or breaking...ugh.

I don't even bother with the genre anymore.

The last horror movie I went to was the prequel to the Exorcist that came out around '04-'05.

after sitting through two (2) hours of hideous things shrieking at me, I decided modern horror films were not worth it. I don't know how anyone could find that sort of thing "entertaining." There's no suspense, no quality... just gore.

When I hear someone say they "loved Saw," I am convinced they have something seriously wrong with them.

MichChamp02 said:
Beez said:

I don't even bother with the genre anymore.

The last horror movie I went to was the prequel to the Exorcist that came out around '04-'05.

after sitting through two (2) hours of hideous things shrieking at me, I decided modern horror films were not worth it. I don't know how anyone could find that sort of thing "entertaining." There's no suspense, no quality... just gore.

When I hear someone say they "loved Saw," I am convinced they have something seriously wrong with them.

I wouldn't put Saw in the horror genre. Thriller/mystery/suspense I think. The 1st couple saws were some of the most creative and entertaining films I had seen from those genres but its old and played out. I don't even know how many there are. I think I watched the 1st 4 of them.

Back