Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Has Everyone Come Down Off The Ledge ?

lions2011

everyone ok , now ?

it was a bad game...it happens in the NFL , you get beat...sometimes you get beat real real bad...the whole show was a clusterfuck yesterday..it went bad and it went bad quick.

they"re still 6 - 3 coming home and should beat up Carolina and continue fighting for a WC.

nobody said it was gonna be easy pipes.

tonyballs said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

seriously eh big boy....it aint that bad.

now if ya show up next week at home and get stroked...then we can start the panic train.

SLICK said:
tonyballs said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

seriously eh big boy....it aint that bad.

now if ya show up next week at home and get stroked...then we can start the panic train.

Yup. I had a bad feeling about this one from the get go.

They need to smarten up now and take care of business against the Panthers. They lose that one.....uhoh.

I'm not suicidal. It would have been nice to beat decent teams at this point but all the "good" ones or one like the bears (or should I say "nfc chargers" who finally got their shit together after dropping some early) we've dropped. That's disappointing, but the team is more less better at the next incremental stage compared to last year. Ugh; here's hoping they knock this shit out of the panthers this week.

Its been a roller coaster season so far, the 5-win streak to start with took us higher up the first incline than ever, then the two game loss ride down, then one win going back-up and one blowout loss plunging straight-down again ever since, has been very eye-bulging-ly hairy...heh!!

I only question the coaching logic in leaving Stafford in yesterday's game when the Lions had a legit reason and an opportunity to put Hill in the game for garbage time to start the 4th quarter. Matt sustained a fracture to his index finger on his throwing hand, they were not going to mount a "comeback" by then, and Hill needed to shake off some rust just in case he might be needed to come into or start a game or games that may involve a situation that is crucial to their chances of winning, and/or possibly clinching a playoff berth.

Stafford fortunately wasn't injured any further, or at least as far as I know, b/c the coaching staff apparently is NOT going to publicize any so-called "minor" injuries sustained by key players, until/unless the next game concludes in a loss. Had Matt been seriously hurt when the outcome was already a foregone conclusion, might have also further damaged and lessened their chances of making the playoffs, then Hill obviously would then be pushed into the starting QB role yet again anyway, and w/o the benefit of having had very many reps in a regular-season game since last year.

Out of habbit, I started looking towards next year. I thought I was watching Ty Detmer out there. But now I'm waiting to see how these Lions rebound from a beat down. Let's see if the coaching staff can get them back on track. Yeah this team has weaknesses, but they have strengths to over come those weaknesses.

The best part about all this bitching and whining is that the Lions are most likely going to meet or pass the expectations set forth by reasonable fans before the season began. This team is by no means perfect and we continue to see that midway through the season. This team is not finished rebuilding yet. I still believe a playoff appearance or even a win is gravy.

SLICK said:
everyone ok , now ?

it was a bad game...it happens in the NFL , you get beat...sometimes you get beat real real bad...the whole show was a clusterfuck yesterday..it went bad and it went bad quick.

they"re still 6 - 3 coming home and should beat up Carolina and continue fighting for a WC.

nobody said it was gonna be easy pipes.

thank you... good to see some level headed fans left... i was lol'ing pretty hard at that thread saying stafford isn't the answer...

i guess it just means our fans are ridiculously passionate the way they crown us sb champs one week, then want to cut our franchise qb the next... lol

I said 7-9 for this year and im gonna be close. Schedule here on out is brutal.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this forum was for the Bipolar Lion's fans only.

My mistake.

Perhaps later this week I'll offer up some free straight razors before the Carolina game.

Slick talking people off the ledge instead of giving them a shove. Guess this franchisee has officially turned the corner.

schles192 said:
Slick talking people off the ledge instead of giving them a shove. Guess this franchisee has officially turned the corner.

it got a little silly Sunday Night.....lol

i don't know if i was exactly 'on a ledge', although i was flat out alarmed at the way we lost yesterday's game......but that was yesterday and today is today, i'm totally looking forward to the lions ripping the fucking panthers straight in half.

I don't even bother checking in during games like that. Atleast there weren't 4 or 5 fire Schwartz threads.

Back