Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

He deserves the last Turkey Leg

zyxt9

Madden passed away today, age 85.

I can hear Pat Summerall giving the call...

"Joining me now in the booth is my dear friend and colleague,, John Madden!"

And John's reply, "Thanks Pat! Now here we can see this big opening, Bam! I hit that up the middle and powered through here... a flash of bright light... and crossed into the End Zone! Check out the celebration afterwards! That right there deserves a Turkey Leg!"

I love this guy. Great coach, great announcer and funny. From heat coming out of a bald players head to mom and dad bucket having a baby bucket to his commercials and his 6 legged turkey to so much more. Rest in peace coach.

Nice job on this tribute, Z.

Tyvm, your approval on that is appreciated more than I can properly express, as I honestly wrote it a couple times and had to scrap those drafts due to my inner voice saying they didn't do as nicely as what you would have done. Then I kinda channeled you in this one and felt hopeful it was sufficient enough, so I really appreciate your post.

Summerall and Madden are my childhood. Every Sunday, or so it seemed, they did the Cowboys game at 4pm after the Lions played at 1pm. I was always disappointed the few weeks they did other games instead. For me, they are the all-time best duo in the booth. I still miss hearing them, even though their later years were a bit rough - I still was saddened when they retired, even though it was clearly time to do so.

RIP John Madden

I?m also having a mandela effect for some reason I thought he had already died

Back