Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hey Red

deathroh

..or anyone else from the NC area.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Asheville, but could you point me in the right direction for a good brewery/bar/restaurant to check out there this late afternoon/evening?

Not looking for anything too fancy or hip. I've checked online and the number of options are pretty overwhelming. My wife and I are staying in Gatlinburg this weekend but hitting up a concert at the Orange Peel tonight.

Last edited:
Short answer: I can't speak from experience, but after 5-10 minutes of googling, I'd go to Wicked Weed, 91 Biltmore Avenue.

That being said, there's a lot of beer info here:

http://www.exploreasheville.com/foodtopia/beer-breweries/

There's a list of bars & breweries at the bottom. I know 2 of the beers. French Broad is good. Highland is probably the most popular of them here in Durham. Catawba rings a bell... Wedge Brewing is highest ranked on Yelp, but Wicked Weed is #2 and ranks well as a restaurant on Trip Adviser.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ews-Wicked_Weed-Asheville_North_Carolina.html

Yeah, I landed on that explore Asheville site too and saw the brewery section...that's what made me think to ask you. Thanks for putting in some work. Wicked Weed was right next to the venue, but it looked a little too busy so we went to a pizza place that had a real nice beer selection. I did have a French Broad IPA, good stuff.

Anyway, I'm in San Francisco right now for a glee club/glee club alumni event. I thought I would just recycle this thread rather than wasting a new one.

I wanted to text you a photo that I took of myself today, that I texted to all my buddies from the board, like Vic, and hungry, and MichChamp, and big guns Bob, and big John, but I don't have your celly. Kinda ironical because we are actually brothers in song.

Anyway, I'm in San Francisco right now for a glee club/glee club alumni event. I thought I would just recycle this thread rather than wasting a new one.

Never been to San Francisco, but they have tons of breweries and beer that makes it clear out here. My favorite is probably 21st Amendment followed by Rogue.

Never been to San Francisco, but they have tons of breweries and beer that makes it clear out here. My favorite is probably 21st Amendment followed by Rogue.

Yeah, and there's a warf and Chinatown too... Couple other things...cable cars and fog and stuff...Haight-Ashbury...hills and bay and whatnot...Union Square...the Embarcadero...

We are convening to rehearse right now, and some of the alumni are actually going to the 21st amendment brewery after rehearsal before dinner.

So how about that?

We are convening to rehearse right now, and some of the alumni are actually going to the 21st amendment brewery after rehearsal before dinner.

So how about that?

bitteramerican_can-230x409.png

You know Red/Blue, I'm with you on Rogue, but could never really get into 21st Amendment. Something about their stuff just doesn't appeal to me. It's drinkable, but fair-to-middlin' at best. I'd probably go Anchor and then Rogue. I'm sure there are some other great breweries in San Fran that I just don't see around here in the Northeast...

You know Red/Blue, I'm with you on Rogue, but could never really get into 21st Amendment. Something about their stuff just doesn't appeal to me. It's drinkable, but fair-to-middlin' at best. I'd probably go Anchor and then Rogue. I'm sure there are some other great breweries in San Fran that I just don't see around here in the Northeast...

I know I'm about the only person that likes Hell or High Watermelon, but their other stuff hits the mark in a more standard way, I think.

checking their more popular beers on ratebeer.com...(which is skewed in favor of dark and hoppy beers, in my opinion)

Brew Free or Die - 96
Fireside Chat is only a 56, that's not so good.
Back in Black - 93
Bitter American - 92
...so hit or miss. Depends on which beers you've tried, naturally. I've never had Fireside Chat.

But what about that watermelon beer? 31! Ha! Well, too bad. I like it for it's novelty and for something to drink when it's hot right after mowing the the lawn.

I liked the look of the Miller Lite throwback cans so much, I bought a six pack the other day. Wife wouldn't drink it, but whatever. I pounded all six, put on a tank top and some jean cutoffs, then went outside and started talking to my dumbass neighbor about the new Camaro.

miller-lite-1975-can-shot.widea.jpg

I first saw her in Flight of the Concords where she played pretty much the same character. But no, that's not her in the AT&T commercial - that's just some other unattractive actress.

Kristen is no beauty queen, but she's funny -

at least, I've found her to be funny in comedic stuff I've seen her in.

Sexy+Sex.jpg

Last edited:
Back