Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

High Point is offensive?

zyxt9

Watching the Jets v Colts, Aikman used the term 'high point' when a receiver went up to make a catch. He afterward apologized to Joe Buck and anyone else who may have been offended by him saying it.

Am I missing an inside joke? It was a tad awkward but Aikman seemed to not be joking.

Am I unaware of that term having some type of offensive connotation? Is it just another Cancel Culture BS thing or ... ???

Thanks for any feedback on this.

not watching...but how in the world could the term "high point" be offensive?

not watching...but how in the world could the term "high point" be offensive?

I'm with ya, which is why I'm so confused. Maybe Aikman delivered it with perfect deadpan, but his inflections and staccato were such that he came across as legit apologetic to 'anyone else who might have taken offense at my use of the term'.

I'm with ya, which is why I'm so confused. Maybe Aikman delivered it with perfect deadpan, but his inflections and staccato were such that he came across as legit apologetic to 'anyone else who might have taken offense at my use of the term'.

I heard it. I thought it was odd as well but the way Buck laughed at it I do believe it may have been an inside joke. Like he thinks it?s an overused term or something like that.

That was how I took it.

My mom had to text me to see if high point meant something offensive lol. There were a lot of people confused by that. I told her...."sounds racist to me!...get rid of Aikman and Buck."

Last edited:
Watching the Jets v Colts, Aikman used the term 'high point' when a receiver went up to make a catch. He afterward apologized to Joe Buck and anyone else who may have been offended by him saying it.

Am I missing an inside joke? It was a tad awkward but Aikman seemed to not be joking.

Am I unaware of that term having some type of offensive connotation? Is it just another Cancel Culture BS thing or ... ???

Thanks for any feedback on this.

All I found is this.

I guess a few of the ten or twelve other people who wasted their time watching this travesty also wondered.

If the blogger is the same Larry Brown I used to hear on the radio a number of years ago, he?s pretty stupid. It might not be, that was sometime back. Larry Brown is a pretty common name.

I am personally a little bit offended that enough people actually watched that game to even make it an Internet item.

All I found is this.

I guess a few of the ten or twelve other people who wasted their time watching this travesty also wondered.

If the blogger is the same Larry Brown I used to hear on the radio a number of years ago, he?s pretty stupid. It might not be, that was sometime back. Larry Brown is a pretty common name.

I am personally a little bit offended that enough people actually watched that game to even make it an Internet item.

Nobody gives a shit about a colts/jets game probably had something to do with not having a lot of people that heard it.

Last edited:
The only Colts-Jets game that ever mattered was played on 1/1/1969. And Bubba Smith swears that it was fixed. He never proved this, however.

Back