Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

History of Europe - 400 BCE to 2017 CE - video

Michchamp

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UY9P0QSxlnI&feature=emb_title

I thought this was pretty neat. Shows political borders & population figures of the top 20 for every year during the time period.

It's hard to pay attention to different areas, as they change so rapidly. It would be nice if there was a slow motion playback option..

The Mongol invasions, Napoleonic Wars, WWI and WWII stand out for massive changes in the blink of an eye. The Arab conquests would too, but the map doesn't focus on the southern or eastern Mediterranean shores.

I've seen some people I follow on twitter occasionally comment on the Europa Universalis series.

Looks intriguing, but the learning curve is apparently very steep and takes hours of sitting there. I can't make time for a Civilization-type game anymore.

And as I get older, I kind of think video games are a tool of the devil... like if I put all the time I've spent playing them into doing something - ANYTHING - more productive... Aaaargh... I don't even want to think about it.

And as I get older, I kind of think video games are a tool of the devil... like if I put all the time I've spent playing them into doing something - ANYTHING - more productive... Aaaargh... I don't even want to think about it.

Twitter is another tool of the devil.

Back