Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoke and San Diego State on CBS Sports Network

GoBlueInAtlanta

Just turned it on and thought others would like to see last year's team. They're talking about Al Borges right now.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/sdsu-vs-navy-full-game

After a penalty on the opening kickoff, SDSU starts off 1st down from their own 8. They come out in a shotgun and throw a slant off a zone read play action.

Second play, after no huddle, shotgun again, pass.

Third play, same thing. Shotgun all three plays, three completions taking them from their own 8 to the Navy 45.

Second possession, first play, Lindley under center, three wide, run off guard.

Second play, play action pass.

I've watched this game, and I saw the game where SDSU beat the Air Force. While Borges & Hoke do run primarily a pro style offense, it's got some spread elements. It's got the creativity we saw lacking in the Carr years without the overhaul necessitated by the spread option offense of RR. However, against Air Force, SDSU's stats looked nice, but Hoke showed some Michigan tendencies and ran the ball on first down seemingly without fail.

bigvic said:
I watched some of that ...vs AFA, yes?

Yes.

I missed the overtime getting ready for church, but from the final score I assume SDS scored and got a 2 point conversion, after which, AFA scored but didn't convert.

Back