Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Florida

Playing your starters 45+ mins is rough. Not using his bench probably cost Howard.

Just seems a repeat of the last few years still. We seem nothing more than an NCAA bubble team still at best. And that's if we perform decent in conference play.

I am ready to move on from Howard. He just isn't a very good coach.

I am ready to move on from Howard. He just isn't a very good coach.
Haven't heard from Sbee much, but, at the time of the hire, his skepticism of Howard was pronounced, and perhaps his prescience should be recognized.

Last edited:
Haven't heard from Sbee much, but, at the time of the hire, his skepticism of Howard was pronounced, and perhaps his prescience should be recognized.

sbee is the ultimate "fair weather poster." No one, not even johnny, talked as much shit up until 2016.

Was his skepticism nuanced? or just more "Everything Michigan does is bad and they're always overrated" spun as a "successful prediction" when we inevitably lose a game or something bad happens to us, like you'd see from some other MSU posters (who haven't had the sense to stop talking shit when their team is 4-8 and they fired their coach for jerking off to a sexual assault victim...)?

sbee is the ultimate "fair weather poster." No one, not even johnny, talked as much shit up until 2016.

Was his skepticism nuanced? or just more "Everything Michigan does is bad and they're always overrated" spun as a "successful prediction" when we inevitably lose a game or something bad happens to us, like you'd see from some other MSU posters (who haven't had the sense to stop talking shit when their team is 4-8 and they fired their coach for jerking off to a sexual assault victim...)?

Nuanced, IMO: here's the entire thread. https://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?p=903379&highlight=Howard#post903379

Last edited:

wow. kudos to sbee... I owe him an apology for doubting him.

Nothing really groundbreaking in that post, but it was accurate, not hysterical, not hyperbolic bullshit (unlike some of the other spartan posters in the thread)

I think, looking back, this is all on Warde Manuel. I imagine SOMETHING drove the normally methodical John Beilein to make a rash jump to the NBA... and my hunch is that something was Warde Manuel untactfully letting JB know who was the boss.

All I remember in he great squad that was beat by ucla because he was out coached.
One of many close losses that should have been a W. It?s been all down hill since.

All I remember in he great squad that was beat by ucla because he was out coached.
One of many close losses that should have been a W. It?s been all down hill since.

We lost that game 51-49 and I'd say that game was more on Franz Wagner going 1-10 with 4 points in 34 minutes....I remember him specifically pissing me off that day with how poorly he played in a game we would have won otherwise.

We lost that game 51-49 and I'd say that game was more on Franz Wagner going 1-10 with 4 points in 34 minutes....I remember him specifically pissing me off that day with how poorly he played in a game we would have won otherwise.

Look you may be right but I do not remember very many plays Howard has designed in any of these close games that have put Michigan over the top? They are few and far between as Howard?s record in close games is not very good. Yeah players can struggle . Maybe design something to get a easy hoop. Gotta start winning these close games. His recruiting seems to have fallen off a bit also. I just don?t see much if any improvement yet under Howard.

Look you may be right but I do not remember very many plays Howard has designed in any of these close games that have put Michigan over the top? They are few and far between as Howard?s record in close games is not very good. Yeah players can struggle . Maybe design something to get a easy hoop. Gotta start winning these close games. His recruiting seems to have fallen off a bit also. I just don?t see much if any improvement yet under Howard.

Not disagreeing with your take on Howard. I've been over him since the incident in Wisconsin to be honest. And the results on the court just haven't been there. His best years were with JB's players when he first took over.

Just mentioning that UCLA game just always triggers me to get pissed off at Wagner all over again lol.

Back