Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Illinois

How is he in the act of shooting, and Jones wasn?t on all of his non calls. Such bullshit.

Going to have to win the big ten Tournament make the ncaa this year. What a whiff in recruiting sadly after last season. I just don?t see it from this group of so called all Americans. Maybe they will get it going but I just don?t see enough scoring.

Last edited:
Houstan is 8/41 in the last 5 games. 19.5%. All while providing the worst defense you could ever hope for.

Pretty neat.

Houstan is 8/41 in the last 5 games. 19.5%. All while providing the worst defense you could ever hope for.

Pretty neat.

Yeah. Open up his spot and slide him to the portal if he can?t figure it out by seasons end.

Last edited:
seems like everyone was in love with Howard after last year. Is the love affair over?

seems like everyone was in love with Howard after last year. Is the love affair over?

Nah not going to start turning on Howard yet. He just won the Big Ten title last season and damn near made the final 4.

The team just is not constructed very well. They lost a lot of key pieces and it seems their replacements either aren't ready yet (Houstan, Diabete), or just maybe aren't as talented overall. I think many upper tier coaches would have trouble keeping the ship pointed straight this season. I'm willing to give Howard the benefit of the doubt for now.

I am most disappointed in Dickinson. I think he has turned into a pouty, entitled player, who can't handle that his teammates aren't as good as he wants them to be. He has shown no resemblance of leadership on a team that desperately needs it.

Nah not going to start turning on Howard yet. He just won the Big Ten title last season and damn near made the final 4.

The team just is not constructed very well. They lost a lot of key pieces and it seems their replacements either aren't ready yet (Houstan, Diabete), or just maybe aren't as talented overall. I think many upper tier coaches would have trouble keeping the ship pointed straight this season. I'm willing to give Howard the benefit of the doubt for now.

I am most disappointed in Dickinson. I think he has turned into a pouty, entitled player, who can't handle that his teammates aren't as good as he wants them to be. He has shown no resemblance of leadership on a team that desperately needs it.

How can the staff whiff so badly on these high recruits ? I mean none of the freshmen were ready for D1 basketball at the start of the season. I?m not giving up on Howard but he has to show some coaching chops with this bunch. They played lights out at Nebraska and have not been close to that level since. Hopefully when everyone is back they can find some form. I was encouraged by the effort at Illinois. Someone mentioned they played harder without Hunter in there. He has to get out of his own head and stat leading like you said.

Last edited:
It's really absurd. If you would of predicted a 7-7 start to the season, I would, have laughed at you, smacked your mom, and told you to get the fuck outta here. This is absolutely crazy. No.1 class and this is the kind of season they come up with? It's beyond Wow.

This team should be pressing and running. Just shows how entitled these kids feel now days. Out of shape. No clue on defense. Offensively challenged. Bufkin and Collins are same type of player.
Diabate is challenged Offensively and can't stay out foul trouble.
Sadly Jones isn't Smith. Hunter and John's Jr are a magic act that has disappeared. Brooks is lost. Houstan can't buy s bucket and is so bad on defense it's comical. Just a frustrating watch.

I'm still hoping they turn it around!

Back