Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Maryland

Still at 20 points for the half.

Nice halftime adjustment coach.

Last edited:
Jett not great tonight.

3-10 from three only at 13. Had 11 at half.

Michigan offense was so poorly coached and ran tonight.

This team is so poorly coached. Our help defense is non-existent

They must not coach it. Maryland had so many easy layups tonight.

Last edited:
Crappy Michigan falls to 10-8 and 4-3.
Crappy Maryland improves or 12-6 and 3-4.

Embarrassing coaching by Howard and the staff.

They played so bad in the first half and yet somehow it was 34-32 at half Maryland.

Did we make any adjustments at half ?

ANY ?

Maryland still got easy layups and Michigan offense was even worse then half number 1.

Michigan scored 26 second half points.

Last edited:
Team blew chances tonight and at Iowa to get road wins. A good coach wins these games.

I am not sure I trust this staff much for the future. This is the same staff that though JL and Dug would be enough at point guard.

Now hopefully I am wrong and they find something but I am really worried about getting players for the future.

Espically point guards who are not so dang small.

Last edited:
Jett had 11 at halftime.

Did the staff once in the second half try to get Jett going to the basketball. If they did I do not remember it. They were so poor on defense and yet this game could have been won with just halfway competent offense in my opinion.

Last edited:
I am not sure I trust this staff much for the future. This is the same staff that though JL and Dug would be enough at point guard.

Now hopefully I am wrong and they find something but I am really worried about getting players for the future.

Espically point guards who are not so dang small.

What team has three starter quality PGs? The staff thought they'd have Frankie, JL, and Dug, but Frankie bolted for ASU after JL signed up.

What team has three starter quality PGs? The staff thought they'd have Frankie, JL, and Dug, but Frankie bolted for ASU after JL signed up.

Scramble and find one. Can?t be caught this flat footed. we don?t even have 1 quality point guard now. Dug shows flashes then the last game happens as with all freshman who can?t seems to defend and Maryland?s guard were blowing by him. Doesn?t matter I guess they have to win the btt now to make the ncaa. Maybe Howard can figure something out by then because the team looks lost on many possessions both on offense and defense. I?m still unsure what they were running for Jett in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Scramble and find one. Can?t be caught this flat footed. we don?t even have 1 quality point guard now. Dug shows flashes then the last game happens as with all freshman who can?t seems to defend and Maryland?s guard were blowing by him. Doesn?t matter I guess they have to win the btt now to make the ncaa. Maybe Howard can figure something out by then because the team looks lost on many possessions both on offense and defense. I?m still unsure what they were running for Jett in the 2nd half.

Most of the good PG transfers were already committed elsewhere when JL committed on 6/12/22. I guess the staff could have scrambled and convinced Isaiah Thompson from Purdue to come. He's currently shooting 35% for Florida Gulf Coast, so that would have been a sweet pickup.

Back