Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Nebraska

thewolverines24

7 PM ET tip on ESPN2. Go Blue!

KEYS

Win the offensive glass: Nebraska is a bad rebounding team and Michigan has the bodies to be a good one. Hunter Dickinson can dominate this game inside, even if the Huskers do an excellent job of trapping him and taking him out of the offensive flow, just by getting on the offensive glass and picking up extra baskets.

Make some 3-point shots: Saturday?s game was a reminder that basketball is easier when 3-point shots fall and Nebraska?s defense will pack the paint and dare Michigan to beat it from the outside. The obvious candidates are Eli Brooks and Caleb Houstan and an ideal performance probably has the Wolverines getting 4 or 5 triples from that starting duo.

Health: It doesn?t sound like any other rotation players are bogged down with whatever bug sidelined Moussa Diabate mid-game on Saturday, but it is likely the Wolverines are short their freshman big man. That means that Brandon Johns and Terrance Williams are both going to have to put in a good shift on the road. Saturday?s game proved that Howard might have a lot more trust in Williams than Johns, right now, but they are going to need both.

Ball screen defense: Michigan?s ball screen defense was really good against San Diego State and this is another game where it will need to be good in a matchup where it can succeed. Nebraska runs a lot of ball screens, but it isn?t an unguardable force. The Wolverines need to stay connected and efficient in their rotations and they can put together a second strong defensive effort in a row.

KenPom likes us 73-66.

Left work just to hear halftime driving home

Looks like Johns got his act together

Holy crap had the game in radio ! Never in doubt ! That was a beat down . Can?t wait to watch the dvr

John?s jr and Williams played freaking great. Along with Hunter, and Houstan.

Most points allowed by Nebraska in this arena ever I think they said.

Michigan had 8 different guys hit a three points shot one short of the record of 9 players held by four teams.

Dartmouth Florida 2 times and Michigan did it in 2008.

First time since 2019 Iowa again where Garza went off but we still won 103-91.

Last edited:
Happy to see Zeb played 15 minutes and was 2-4 with a assist and 5 rebounds. Still unsure if he has a roll.

I?m telling you with all these slashers type players I like that JH is using token presses. I think maybe we should start pressing certain teams maybe. Go hard then get a new 4 or 5 in.

Wow (8-2) James Madison beat Virginia 52-49 .. who is now 6-4. First win ever over Virginia..

Back