Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Nebrasketball

Johns jr 16
Wagner 18
Teske 9
DDJ 5
Brooks 20
Nunez 3
Davis 3
Castleton 5

Okay, we finally won a game. and it was on the road.

no more complaining.

I just don’t get Nunez shot. It looks so good off His hands. Still only hit one of his threes.

Nunez is garbage. Can't shoot. Can't play D. I guess I'm not done complaining.

I guess we will not see Bajema this season. Howard must want to red shirt him. Isn't there a rule where he can play in a certain number of games and still retain his redshirt? Has he met this limit?

Teske is so soft. I made a point to really watch Teske this game. That dude had 7 or 8 inches and a hundred pounds on most of those Nebraska players (exaggeration, for those obtuse people that need this pointed out) and he was still afraid to bang down low and got pushed around when he did. I guess that is what we will get from him. 5 years of being a d1 athlete and still afraid and pushed around by those a fraction of his size. Castleton, Johns, and Davis are better at banging than he is. Davis came in and the team went on a +8 run. Even the commentator was asking why Teske camps out at the 3 point line.

CJ Baird sighting!! Having CJ Baird on the court with Nunez was an eyesore. The crazy thing is that they didn't start losing right away.

Yes. Was nice to watch DD audition for the starting job at point guard. I guess that can put that argument away for now. It is obvious, as it should have already been, that Simpson is the best answer there.

This team is horrible at free throws, absolutely horrible.

Nunez is garbage. Can't shoot. Can't play D. I guess I'm not done complaining.

I guess we will not see Bajema this season. Howard must want to red shirt him. Isn't there a rule where he can play in a certain number of games and still retain his redshirt? Has he met this limit?

Teske is so soft. I made a point to really watch Teske this game. That dude had 7 or 8 inches and a hundred pounds on most of those Nebraska players (exaggeration, for those obtuse people that need this pointed out) and he was still afraid to bang down low and got pushed around when he did. I guess that is what we will get from him. 5 years of being a d1 athlete and still afraid and pushed around by those a fraction of his size. Castleton, Johns, and Davis are better at banging than he is. Davis came in and the team went on a +8 run. Even the commentator was asking why Teske camps out at the 3 point line.

CJ Baird sighting!! Having CJ Baird on the court with Nunez was an eyesore. The crazy thing is that they didn't start losing right away.

Teske is super soft. You didn't exaggerate by much. He had 5 inches on the guys guarding him. Nebrasketball doesn't play anyone over 6'8. Didn't put up double figures on them. I am happy he didn't shoot a single three.

Bajema has surpassed the limit to redshirt. Howard has said he can earn PT in practice, but he's not there yet. Not all that surprising considering he's rail thin, played at a really small school against weak competition, and didn't play in any of the upper AAU leagues. His learning curve for the B1G is really steep and he's not even close to being ready physically.

I?m just not as high on Bajema as you guys are. I just don?t see the d1 talent. Teske bugs the shit out of me. The guy is right under the basket and still hardly ever dunks it seems. Can?t say anything more then what you guys already have said. He should have had 20+ against that team. After Nebraska took a 52-50 lead Michigan went on a 21-4 run. Including a 8-0 run right after falling behind. Nunez should be better. He is so soft with the ball. Man his shot looks so nice.

Glad they won. I hear that Simpson May have more then a one game suspension. I hope not.

Game recap

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401166194

Last edited:
I?m just not as high on Bajema as you guys are. I just don?t see the d1 talent. Teske bugs the shit out of me. The guy is right under the basket and still hardly ever dunks it seems. Can?t say anything more then what you guys already have said. He should have had 20+ against that team. After Nebraska took a 52-50 lead Michigan went on a 21-4 run. Including a 8-0 run right after falling behind. Nunez should be better. He is so soft with the ball. Man his shot looks so nice.

Glad they won. I hear that Simpson May have more then a one game suspension. I hope not.

Game recap

Teske has a 1-2 inch vertical. He has to have a running start to dunk in traffic. At least we have the highlight of him dunking on Haas in the B1G tourney.

Bajema was always going to be a project. He has skill. 247 didn't rate him as the #27 SF in the country for nothing. He has a great shot, but he has to improve as ball handler and he should probably be on HGH lol.

Teske is super soft. You didn't exaggerate by much. He had 5 inches on the guys guarding him. Nebrasketball doesn't play anyone over 6'8. Didn't put up double figures on them. I am happy he didn't shoot a single three.

Bajema has surpassed the limit to redshirt. Howard has said he can earn PT in practice, but he's not there yet. Not all that surprising considering he's rail thin, played at a really small school against weak competition, and didn't play in any of the upper AAU leagues. His learning curve for the B1G is really steep and he's not even close to being ready physically.

Yes. The one bright spot from Teske is that he didn't shoot any threes

Still missed a free throw or 2, though...

hardly ever goes strong to the hoop to draw fouls.

dude is 23/24 years old and getting outmuscled by 18/19 year olds smaller than him

Last edited:

Game recap

I'm not high on Bajema. I just think he has to be a better option than Nunez and CJ Baird. I really don't know, though, because we haven't really got to see him play.

Teska can barely dunk...he has to get really mad. Then whenever he does dunk, he tries to act like he is awesome or something. just like when he does the bow&arrow when he finally hits a 3.

Game recap

Yeah. At 52-50, Howard sat Teske and inserted Davis. I said, "wtf?!??" Then Davis proceeded to prove me wrong and make several good plays.

No idea on the Simpson suspension.

Teske has a 1-2 inch vertical. He has to have a running start to dunk in traffic. At least we have the highlight of him dunking on Haas in the B1G tourney.

Bajema was always going to be a project. He has skill. 247 didn't rate him as the #27 SF in the country for nothing. He has a great shot, but he has to improve as ball handler and he should probably be on HGH lol.

Yep, HGH. I have highly suspected a few people the last couple of years of being on PED's, but none of the Michigan bball players.

ESPN Power Index Prognostication seeing Saturday?s Rutgers game as a virtual toss up.

I mean I know we are 12-8 but it?s not like we didn?t have a chance do win these four games we lost real close. Oregon in ot. At Iowa we have a lead in the late second half. At Minnesota was tied I think with a few minutes to go and last weeks against Illinois the Dipsticks missed their last Like 7 free throw :/. Any freaking 2 seal that game. It is Frustrating this team is not sitting at 14 or 15 wins and yet here we are. I wonder how Simpson will play and I hope Teske keeps his 3 attempts low . Hopefully we can snag this game.

Back