Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs OSU

Needed to go earlier so we could have Hunter get position on the block. Had the mismatch, had no time to exploit it.

That was what I was thinking too. Why run the clock down and then rush up and take that shot. Get the ball inside, get the 2 and then make OSU have to rush to make the desperation shot.

That was what I was thinking too. Why run the clock down and then rush up and take that shot. Get the ball inside, get the 2 and then make OSU have to rush to make the desperation shot.

Yep. On the players there. Playcall got the mismatch we wanted. Can't run the pick and roll/post with 3 seconds left. You're always going to take the jumper in that situation due to time.

You have to have at least 2 shots at it. Go with 10 -12 seconds left and give yourself at least 2 chances at it.

Howard better learn from this because that was just not a great end of game set.

Why on earth do that?

Right. That had to be the worst option available

They had a time-out in their pocket.

Dribble around for 22 seconds and jack up a 3? down 1?

I have to say I would've done something a little different

I’m just not a fan of Columbia Mike Smith lol. I like it better when he makes a great pass, and is Michigan Mike Smith.

Needed to go earlier so we could have Hunter get position on the block. Had the mismatch, had no time to exploit it.

Yep

No reason to wait. Go right at them and try to get something inside and/or draw a foul. Get the lead and keep the pressure on OSU. That play did nothing.

The set was perfect. Got Hunter exactly what we wanted. The problem was the guys got into the play too late.

Then use your time out. That is Smith?s fault then.

Sets are suppose to have multiple options not a dribble and Jack up a three.

You have to have at least 2 shots at it. Go with 10 -12 seconds left and give yourself at least 2 chances at it.

I agree with you, Bob. If you go earlier and they stop you, you can always foul.

that was stupid

Then use your time out. That is Smith?s fault then.

Sets are suppose to have multiple options not a dribble and Jack up a three.

It has multiple options. Hunter in the post was #1. Start the pick and roll/post with 8-9 secs instead of 5 and Hunter has the needed time. If they collapse on that Smith has a wide open jumper. If he hits Hunter and then they collapse, Hunter kicks to a different open shooter.

Right. That had to be the worst option available

They had a time-out in their pocket.

Dribble around for 22 seconds and jack up a 3? down 1?

I have to say I would've done something a little different

Yeah, I?d call this a bit of an understatement.

So do we care who wins Iowa versus Illinois? Does any particular outcome benefit Michigan over the other?

It really won’t matter much if we shoot like we did today. We won’t beat Bum-Fuck U.

Back