Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs OSU

thewolverines24

1 PM Eastern on CBS.

KEYS

K-Y-P: This is a big know-your-personnel game because Ohio State has a handful of rotation players with distinct strengths but obvious weaknesses. There are guys on the floor that you can?t allow to get open from three, but also players you want to play off of because they aren?t a threat to shoot. The interchangeability of some of OSU?s lineups means that Michigan?s starters are probably going to have different matchups throughout the night, which makes it a tricky prep on a short turnaround.

Crash the offensive glass: Ohio State has allowed an offensive rebounding rate of over 30% in nine games (2-7) this season. Michigan hasn?t been a great offensive rebounding team (287th in the country), but it has shown some upside in spots against the right matchup ? mostly just Northwestern, but baby steps ? and the right plan. If you look at Thursday?s game and you look at Ohio State?s weaknesses, I think this is another spot where you tell Terrance Williams II to crash hard and try to create some second chances.

Win the paint: Ohio State is 3-8 when it shoots under 50% on twos and 3-9 when it allows over 47.5% shooting inside the arc. If Michigan can hold the Buckeyes under 50% inside the arc and make half of its twos on offense, it should win this game. A lot of that will come down to Hunter Dickinson and his performance finishing around the rim, but it also calls for Michigan?s guards to control the game. Guard play has been an issue for the Buckeyes and Michigan?s guards are still searching for that game-over-game consistency.

MATCHUPS

Thornton ? McDaniel
Likekele ? Bufkin
McNeil ? Howard
Sensabaugh ? Williams
Key ? Dickinson

I?m not sure who Michigan throws at Brice Sensabuagh, especially if he?s on the floor with Sueing. Michigan doesn?t have a big and strong wing defender, and Sensabaugh has some real size to him at 235 pounds which makes it tough to put Kobe Bufkin on him. I imagine it will be a by-committee approach but recent results have proven that stopping everyone else is more important than stopping Sensabaugh.

BOTTOM LINE

At home for a Sunday afternoon tip coming off of an important win, this has to be a spot where Michigan steps on the gas. A win could create a level of momentum that felt impossible last weekend.

KenPom pus the line at Michigan 75, Ohio State 74 and gives the Wolverines a 52% edge.

Just like football. GO BLUE!

Joining the game in progress. Pleasantly surprised by the score. Perhaps I should watch since they?ve been doing so well without me watching?

Dammit!

Should be running the clock down to under five seconds before shooting on every possession.

Dammit!

Should be running the clock down to under five seconds before shooting on every possession.

And when Hunter gets an offensive board, unless he has a layup, or a dunk, they should be running it down to under five seconds on the new 20 second clock.

Back