Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

thewolverines24

12 PM Eastern on BTN.

KEYS

Make jumpers: Rutgers defends like hell but allows 3-point attempts. The Scarlet Knights are ranked 336th in defensive 3-point volume, and 46% of Michigna?s shots at the RAC were threes. Michigan has to hit some of those triples to come away with a victory.

Better guards move on: Dug McDaniel and Kobe Bufkin combined to score KEYS
Make jumpers: Rutgers defends like hell but allows 3-point attempts. The Scarlet Knights are ranked 336th in defensive 3-point volume, and 46% of Michigna?s shots at the RAC were threes. Michigan has to hit some of those triples to come away with a victory.

Feed Dickinson: Cliff Omoruyi did a good job fronting Dickinson and making it tough for U-M to get him the ball, but he produced whenever Omoruyi wasn?t on the court. Playing through the post is critical because Rutgers won?t hesitate to play in the passing lanes, trap and dig. There?s also the potential to get Omoruyi in foul trouble which could lead to a bit of a cascading effect for a RU team without much depth.

BOTTOM LINE

This is a must-win game between two teams that appear to be headed in different directions. Michigan played one of its best games of the season at the RAC and now can extend its season with a win in Chicago. The Wolverines have generally fared well against the Scarlet Knights under Juwan Howard and this is a prime opportunity. KenPom calls it a 67-66 Michigan win, calling it a 51-49 game. Las Vegas is more intrigued by the Wolverines, with the spread opening at -2.5.

GO BLUE!

Last edited:
Will can?t even get a shot to the rim. Why is he starting again ?

Fucking get him off the court.

He can?t handle a pass from Hunter.

I?m flabbergasted why his is playing

Last edited:
Bad pass by Kobe.

No box out on defense.

Nice pass hunter !

My god guys please box out. Is the only thing we are not doing.
That and Will T. can?t handle a pass.

Is he playing because he plays defense?
I think he has only 2 points since February I think?

Last edited:
My god why is he playing . Will t can?t hit anything. No one can now.

Come on Jett follow your shot please. He should use head fake and drive more.

Last edited:
Reed line in. Immediate turnover by Kobe.

Clean block by Baker.

Bad shot by Kobe.

And another missed box out.

Reed blows.

Williams blows.

Holy crap Williams made a shot ! It?s a miracle!

The need to talk about boxing out.

Rutgers is crashing the glass.

Last edited:
Kobe misses three badly. He is not playing well since his layup.,

Sigh

Another second chance bucket by Rutgers

Jett gets a bucket. On a soft touch rim.

Last edited:
JB?s Michigan teams we be killing Rutgers.
Just to many wasted possessions in my opinion.
Rutgers has so many second chances only thing keeping it close.
Which we all know is all they have to do.

Back