Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Rutgers

1/15 from the field so far in the 2nd half. This is Michigan's worst season in about 12 years I'd wager. I know JB had one season where he missed the tournament around 2014 or so but even then he had at least established the program where you felt confident in a rebound.

I feel no confidence at all in this program right now.

Do we have no guards coming in ?

Because we need at least 2 guards

Last edited:
Did JB ever lose to Rutgers . This is only Rutgers 2nd win against Michigan

Thanks coach.,

Embarrassingly 2nd half performance. . Thanks coach for the second half performance.

2 made field goals in the second half. That is your coach not helping your team to do anything. This 2nd half performance just proves Howard is not a good coach. Why start Will T in the second half ? Just a dumb move make changes. He was offering nothing on offense.
You can?t tell he he could draw,up something for Howard down low this half.

Last edited:
Back to back 15 loss season. Thanks coach.

Michigan was 15-1 against Rutgers.
Now 15-2

Howard?s teams
Can?t close games.,
Run terrible plays at the end of games to win.
Don?t box out and rebound.
Don?t run any fast breaks well at all.
Don?t really shoot the ball that well. 4 for 21 this half.

Second year in a row Howard?s team loses in the 1st round of btt

Last edited:
Team wasn?t ready for Rutgers Zone at all especially in the second half.

Last edited:
Team played better when Jett was hurt. Offensive spacing was much better. He needs figure it out. Frustrating.

Last edited:
Jett 4-14 and 1-6 from three, and should have been benched after his missed Box out.

Last edited:
All complaints about this team are valid, but I did see a graph today that we're one of least experienced teams in the NCAA.

I don't agree Howard has completely fucked up though or deserves to be fired; this isn't like a RichRod situation where you say "If he can't beat TOLEDO, AT HOME, what exactly is the potential upside?" there's no point in being patient.

Sure Howard's had some other issues, like the slapping incident with Wisconsin, but... he's been better this year.

I also saw that since he's taken over, he has more NCAA tourney wins than anyone else in the conference, and he HAS won a Big Ten Title. Granted he took over a good situation, but he didn't fuck it up, and WE KNOW a bad coach in Howard's shoes could have done much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
All complaints about this team are valid, but I did see a graph today that we're one of least experienced teams in the NCAA.

I don't agree Howard has completely fucked up though or deserves to be fired; this isn't like a RichRod situation where you say "If he can't beat TOLEDO, AT HOME, what exactly is the potential upside?" there's no point in being patient.

Sure Howard's had some other issues, like the slapping incident with Wisconsin, but... he's been better this year.

I also saw that since he's taken over, he has more NCAA tourney wins than anyone else in the conference, and he HAS won a Big Ten Title. Granted he took over a good situation, but he didn't fuck it up, and WE KNOW a bad coach in Howard's shoes could have done much worse.

M.
Back to back 15 loss seasons are unacceptable anymore at Michigan. He never recognized that his son was one of the issues. He played Will T. Way to many minutes. They guy doesn?t have to be guarded on offense at all. Maybe 10 minutes a game. But he is playing way to many minutes. He isn?t Recruiting worth a crap in my opinion. Sadly we may be Turing into Georgetown basketball. I do not think Howard?s offense is anywhere close to what was being run under JB. Just my opinion.

I?m sorry but that 51-49 loss to 11 seed Ucla cost Michigan a final four banner. Your coach has to be worth a few points.
Man that game still hurts. That little ucla coached circles around Howard.

Last edited:
I'm not Mitch

Back to back 15 loss seasons are unacceptable anymore at Michigan.
Says who? I mean yeah sure, but firing a winning coach over that? He certainly deserves better than that...

He never recognized that his son was one of the issues. He played Will T. Way to many minutes. They guy doesn?t have to be guarded on offense at all. Maybe 10 minutes a game. But he is playing way to many minutes. He isn?t Recruiting worth a crap in my opinion.

Sadly we may be Turing into Georgetown basketball. I do not think Howard?s offense is anywhere close to what was being run under JB. Just my opinion.
well... we'll see

I'm not Mitch

Says who? I mean yeah sure, but firing a winning coach over that? He certainly deserves better than that...

well... we'll see

Sorry just looked and saw the M. My bad wasn?t paying attention. Look I didn?t say fire him but There are some concerning trends that need to be addressed and quickly. He lets Jett play lazy defense, the offense just isn?t as smooth with him in there.
I?m very concerned. March Madness stinks when Michigan is not in it.

Last edited:
Sorry just looked and saw the M. My bad wasn?t paying attention. Look I didn?t say fire him but There are some concerning trends that need to be addressed and quickly. He lets Jett play lazy defense, the offense just isn?t as smooth with him in there.
I?m very concerned. March Madness stinks when Michigan is not in it.

Yeah.

But at least Jamie Lee Curtis won an Academy Award.

Neither of her parents ever did.

The tournament will be over soon.

We can ignore who wins.

We can cling to Jamie Lee Curtis?s Academy Award until football starts.

Yeah.

But at least Jamie Lee Curtis won an Academy Award.

Neither of her parents ever did.

The tournament will be over soon.

We can ignore who wins.

We can cling to Jamie Lee Curtis?s Academy Award until football starts.

hang on there, chief... we might be in the NIT. Season's not over yet. The selection show is on now.

Michigan.. 2 seed. Game one against Toledo.

Gonna beat the Rockets and avenge the time they beat RichRod.

Back