Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

houston in the bcs

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Is absolutely embarassing. Their best win was a squeaker against a terrible ucla team. Is there any way that the bcs passes on them? At least boise state has history on it's side. But houston?

theo said:
Houston in the BCS is better than Louisville or whoever wins the Big East.

That's not saying much. Minnesota would OWN the big east.

Does a non bcs school to have a shot in a bcs bowl, where do they have to be ranked, top 6 top 8? I forget.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Does a non bcs school to have a shot in a bcs bowl, where do they have to be ranked, top 6 top 8? I forget.

I think its 12th

If we had a playoff, it would either be a)Houston doesn't get into the playoff or b)someone would luck out and get them in the 1st round

Though I normally root for the "little guy" crashing the BCS party, Houston has no business being there. The BCS committee should take Michigan AND Stanford as at-large bids. Both are more deserving than the Cougars, who despite being undefeated, have a lousy strength of schedule.

rayhowland3 said:
Though I normally root for the "little guy" crashing the BCS party, Houston has no business being there. The BCS committee should take Michigan AND Stanford as at-large bids. Both are more deserving than the Cougars, who despite being undefeated, have a lousy strength of schedule.

Yep, someone other than Houston. They have played NO ONE. It's fricking pathetic.

If we play Houston I think we can beat them and if we do that we have a great shot at being top 10 at end of season. Man who would have thought that was even possible 10 months ago.

wheels002 said:
If we play Houston I think we can beat them and if we do that we have a great shot at being top 10 at end of season. Man who would have thought that was even possible 10 months ago.

It SHOULD be an easy BCS win. Just curious, has UM won a BCS game ? I know they played in a couple Rose Bowls but didn't they play in one at theturn of the century and win ?

Back