Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How about pullen the string to get Prado and JJ

bavarianinnman

I would love to see DD go out now and trade for Prado to play second and Jurjjens. I know we would have to give up a bit, but would help alot for this year.

DD go get it done.

I've got no probably with it. It'd be a huge upgrade in the short term, which is all that really seems to matter after the Fielder move.

Gut the farm system and get Kershaw and Andre Ethier..... Send everyone we have and see if they will take Inge even though he can veto.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Gut the farm system and get Kershaw and Andre Ethier..... Send everyone we have and see if they will take Inge even though he can veto.
That would be my dream scenario.

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Gut the farm system and get Kershaw and Andre Ethier..... Send everyone we have and see if they will take Inge even though he can veto.

I want a World Series pretty badly. Most times I would say F messing with the future but I'd take that scenario in a second.

sggatecl said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

I want a World Series pretty badly. Most times I would say F messing with the future but I'd take that scenario in a second.

Only draw back would be Raburn still at second base...

Gut the farm system and get Kershaw and Andre Ethier..... Send everyone we have and see if they will take Inge even though he can veto.
Problem is it still isn't enough.. Kershaw might be the highest trade commodity in all of the MLB after last year.. 23 lefty with a triple crown in his pocket and amazing stuff to boot? Yeah Dodgers could pretty much trade for any farm system they want..

Gotta wait until Kershaw has a lesser of a season. Worse time to trade for him after the success he has had in 2011.

Dodgers aren't trading Kershaw. Such a fabulous starter at such a bargain price.

Speaking of bargains, the Tigers probably won't trade away their top-tiers on the farm in the foreseeable future. Not since they are paying only three roster players almost 70M. That proves they will need to get the best players at the cheapest prices... meaning they will depend on their farm system to do that.

So if we see any top-tier prospects traded, it'll be in areas where we have alot of depth. Then most likely, the incoming player won't be an expensive one. We will probably do similar to the Granderson trade where we obtained good, young, cheap players.

So being our prospect position players are in need, probably the most untouchable player in our system is Castellanos, followed by Suarez, Brantly.....etc. Look for us to keep upper-tier position prospects

MotownWebGuy said:
Dodgers aren't trading Kershaw. Such a fabulous starter at such a bargain price.

Speaking of bargains, the Tigers probably won't trade away their top-tiers on the farm in the foreseeable future. Not since they are paying only three roster players almost 70M. That proves they will need to get the best players at the cheapest prices... meaning they will depend on their farm system to do that.

So if we see any top-tier prospects traded, it'll be in areas where we have alot of depth. Then most likely, the incoming player won't be an expensive one. We will probably do similar to the Granderson trade where we obtained good, young, cheap players.

So being our prospect position players are in need, probably the most untouchable player in our system is Castellanos, followed by Suarez, Brantly.....etc. Look for us to keep upper-tier position prospects
Agreed Drew Smyly and Jacob Turner will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come.

Agreed Drew Smyly and Jacob Turner will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come.

People said that about Andrew Miller.

Until Turner proves himself, he's still a wildcard, and could have more value now, than he'll ever have.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Maize&blue21":gxqj0pgu]
Agreed Drew Smyly and Jacob Turner will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come. [/quote:gxqj0pgu]

Until Turner proves himself, he's still a wildcard, and could have more value now, than he'll ever have.[/quote]I'm not saying he is going to be a definite part of the rotation, I say that meaning that they will keep their prospects around because of price.

Maize&blue21 said:
[quote="MI_Thumb":rm21401f]Agreed Drew Smyly and Jacob Turner will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come.

Until Turner proves himself, he's still a wildcard, and could have more value now, than he'll ever have.[/quote:rm21401f]I'm not saying he is going to be a definite part of the rotation, I say that meaning that they will keep their prospects around because of price. [/quote]

You said "Turner and Smyly will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come", how is that not saying turner will be a definite part of the rotation?

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Maize&blue21":n2baka1j]

Until Turner proves himself, he's still a wildcard, and could have more value now, than he'll ever have.
I'm not saying he is going to be a definite part of the rotation, I say that meaning that they will keep their prospects around because of price. [/quote:n2baka1j]

You said "Turner and Smyly will become fixtures in the rotation for years to come", how is that not saying turner will be a definite part of the rotation?[/quote]I guess i worded it wrong but i mean that the Tigers will use prospects in the rotation, going the cheaper route.

I would give the dodgers 8 players for Kershaw, Either, and any second baseman they have from in their system.

Turner,Castanallos, Raburn, Young + 5 others.

Back