Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How about some Wayne St Love

MichChamp02 said:
If you're talking about a playoff for the FBS, it's totally irrelevent. There are a lot fewer teams. Here WSU had to win 3 regional games, and a semifinal to make the Championship. A playoff in the FBS wouldn't need that many games... just have the champs from every BCS conference play + 2 at large, (like Alabama and Boise St.). The question of whether or not anyone "deserves" it shouldn't even come up, except for maybe the Big Least champ.

this isn't really a Cinderella story though: WSU went 8-3, with 3 close losses, 1 in OT. They barely made the D-II playoffs, and all the teams they've beaten finished with either 1 or 2 losses, so it's not like "everybody" gets a shot. They were a good team.

Ok, I was just going off of Bob's word on the cindarella thing.

I agree with your format, except that I wouldn't include Alabama, because they didn't win their conference...

MichChamp02 said:
smayschmouthfootball said:
Apparently the Tartars were too merciless a people to emulate on the athletic fields, so a more generic "Warriors" was selected.

I think it has more to do with Americans increasing stupidity/lack of historical knowledge. They probably got tired of having to explain their mascot to people.

I wasn't sure if they were Mongol or Turkic; according to Wikipedia, they are Turkic. Also, it's technically "TATAR." "TARTAR" is a western European mispronunciation.

Also, here is a particularly fine looking Tatar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alsou

Here's another fine looking Tater: http://www.microwaverecipe.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Baked_Potato1.jpg

I emailed my parents a note about WSU being in the championship.

I figured neither of them would know that, or even that their team name was no longer the Tartars. Was right on both counts.

Like, I KNOW WSU doesn't command the same loyalty that a school like Michigan does, but seriously...?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]Who else is gonna watch the Tartar Warriors this morning?

I am.

And in true Detroit style, I have Faygo to drink while I watch it.

Rock n' Rye, baby.

I would kill for a bloody mary bar & a breakfast buffet right now.

alls I have is ham sandwiches, or day old pizza that my friend left out last night.

and this screws up my saturday workout schedule.

hey Tinsel,

do you think we could play in this game? you could be fullback, and I'll be the tailback

Back