Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How does Zduriencik still have a job?

spockmaster

Mariners traded for Morse. useless. once again, he gets screwed in a trade and he cant get any players to sign there. its not like this is a new problem either. how the hell is he still the GM there?

not that im really complaining much because we've ripped him off recently, im just really confused.

He traded a future back up catcher for a good hitter?
Morse is nowhere near a good hitter. He is basically Delmon Young - god awful in the field, never walks, had one decent fluke year. Jaso has much more value at this point. He doesnt have as much raw power, but he walks about 3 times as much, is way cheaper, is under team control for 2 more years, etc. Morse was an awful pickup for them. Now theyre overloaded with DH/1B types, kinda like we are...except that 2 of ours are perennial MVP candidates and the other is a perennial all-star, something that cant be said for any of the Mariners' options. And now they have to spend to replace Jaso.

I just wish we could have ripped them off for Boesch.

I can't speak for his defense but he looks like a good consistent hitter throughout his career. Granted, he's not full time most years but his numbers have been solid. And road numbers are really good.

Fuck the Mariners, hopefully the Tigers won't get humiliated again by that ballclub next season, like they had early last season, by losing 5 out of 6 games, which wound up being their worst season-series record vs any AL team, including being swept in a 3 game home series vs Seattle amidst a 5 game losing streak in mid-April.

Jaso will be a 30 year old future back up catcher that has played one year.

How will they ever replace that!?!

They'll trade or pick up a catcher to buy time till zunino is ready. I'd like a trade to Boston for Salt.

Anyway, Seager will go from our best hitter to third best hitter. Which is nice

Jaso will be a 30 year old future back up catcher that has played one year.

How will they ever replace that!?!

They'll trade or pick up a catcher to buy time till zunino is ready. I'd like a trade to Boston for Salt.

Anyway, Seager will go from our best hitter to third best hitter. Which is nice

Jaso was being discussed on MLB XM on the ride home, they were saying he is a bit worse defensively than montero behind the plate.
Zunino is said to be top 10 in all the minor league player rankings. offense/defense real deal.

I wouldn't want any part of saltalamacchia unless it was only for a year.

Morse will be 31. His first full year (and only year with over 102 games played) came at age 29. His value is in BAVG and HR, both on which will seriously decline at this age and more. As stated, he is one of the worse defensive corner OFer in the game (like Quentin bad, which is worse than Boesch or Delmon Young).

Jaso just turned 29, has a strong arm and calls a fairly decent game. His footwork is what kills him on defense and gives him a bad rep.

Career Away

Morse .295 BAVG .340 OBP .506 SLG .846 OPS 19.60 PA/BB

C. Wells .268 BAVG .331 OBP .478 SLG .809 OPS 12.92 PA/BB

Jaso .271 BAVG .375 OBP .417 SLG .792 OPS 7.52 PA/BB

2010-2012 OF UZR/150

C. Wells 14.6

Morse -18.1

I certainly wouldn't mind having Casper back.

Salt has one year left I think.

This is the first season I'm actually excited for Seattle for many many years. Our offense isn't completely laughable anymore.

Just need a catcher and a SP like Saunders or Marcum. I'd be more than satisfied.

Also, if morales or morse leave next year we get draft picks. But I think morse stays.

It looks like a good move for everyone. The M's got an outfield bat that they needed and they got rid of a Catcher that is only going to get in the way of the development of Montero. It isn't about getting "value" for a player. It is about making your team better and winning ball games. If Morse was a F/A this year he would be getting Swisher money.

Plus, if you want Zunino to be your catcher of the future, then you better teach Montero how to catch so that you can maximize his trade value. He isn't going to get better juggling time with Jaso.

It looks like a good move for everyone. The M's got an outfield bat that they needed and they got rid of a Catcher that is only going to get in the way of the development of Montero. It isn't about getting "value" for a player. It is about making your team better and winning ball games. If Morse was a F/A this year he would be getting Swisher money.

Plus, if you want Zunino to be your catcher of the future, then you better teach Montero how to catch so that you can maximize his trade value. He isn't going to get better juggling time with Jaso.

There is no way Morse gets Swisher money. NONE. Maybe Delmon Young type (6-7 Mil).

Back