Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How much would you be willing to pay for a Lions super bowl victory

manchild98

of your own money?

I'm not talking about being at the game either. Just how much of your own money would you be willing to pony up for a Lions season that results in a super bowl victory?

I think I'd be willing to pay 10k.

Weird topic..and Sorry but broke can’t even afford a used ford

R u thinking about starting a go fund me to buy the lions or something

Last edited:
Weird topic..and Sorry but broke can?t even afford a used ford

R u thinking about starting a go fund me to buy the lions or something

No. And yes it's weird topic. I'm just looking at it from a perspective of 1 playoff win in 60 years. Year after year we all tune in every week, go to games, etc. only to see a bad to mediocre product at best. We've never seen any type of success. Yet, we're all still here.

So what would it be like to actually enjoy a season of Detroit Lions football that results in a super bowl victory. What would it be worth to you to go through that experience.

I expect answers to be all over the place...from $0 to some crazy shit like 50k. But I have to say I find it strange to say zero if you actually follow this team every single week.

No. And yes it's weird topic. I'm just looking at it from a perspective of 1 playoff win in 60 years. Year after year we all tune in every week, go to games, etc. only to see a bad to mediocre product at best. We've never seen any type of success. Yet, we're all still here.

So what would it be like to actually enjoy a season of Detroit Lions football that results in a super bowl victory. What would it be worth to you to go through that experience.

I expect answers to be all over the place...from $0 to some crazy shit like 50k. But I have to say I find it strange to say zero if you actually follow this team every single week.

I can?t even think about a SB victory at this time I?d just be happy to see them win the div again and win a damn playoff game then I?ll look ahead and ponder that thought

And besides seeing win a SB really wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable if I had to pay for it as compared to them earning it on their own

Nothing, they win it or they don't.

But if I live to see that day, I would spend a shitload in memorabilia and merchandise.

Not a dime and they owe us fans three SB championships minimum.

Well I would be one giddy fan if they ever won the division and or a playoff game. I can not afford very much but I think I would buy a few things if they won a Super Bowl. Like shirts and sweatshirts and stuff. Hats. I sadly also cannot afford much either . Lions fans who do spend money on season tickets deserve a better product. It is a shame the Ford’s just so not seem to care about a winning football team. Frustrating as the Lions were winners in the 1950’s.

Last edited:
This franchise has defied the odds of just an appearance in a SB, much less winning one. Not only that, they have only 2 division titles and only one playoff win in the nearly 62 years since their last NFL championship. The Lions now are just as far away from a SB as they have been on average over that loong span of futility, so there is no way that I would contribute even a penny towards the Ford's fairy tale.

The Lions are like rolling dice 62 times, once each year, and coming up snake-eyes every time.

Last edited:
Lions fans are stupid...they keep supporting this pathetic franchise.

Even if you don't support the Lions, you may still be involuntarily supporting them if/when purchasing products from their advertisers, who pass on the commercial costs to their customers.

Well I would be one giddy fan if they ever won the division and or a playoff game. I can not afford very much but I think I would buy a few things if they won a Super Bowl. Like shirts and sweatshirts and stuff. Hats. I sadly also cannot afford much either . Lions fans who do spend money on season tickets deserve a better product. It is a shame the Ford?s just so not seem to care about a winning football team. Frustrating as the Lions were winners in the 1950?s.

Winning one Superbowl won't impress the rest of the NFL world, they would just dismiss it as dumb luck. it would take at least 10 years of winning playoff teams with a few SB appearances mixed in over the next 15 years for the Lions to begin being respected. I thought that the Lions might have finally turned the corner back in '91, but that turned out to be just a blip on the loser radar.

$300, which is about the resale price for two decent regular season tickets. Ideally so I could say I watched one of the games that year in person. Obviously, that's only if I knew (somehow) that they were assured the SB. I wouldn't spend money on them now because I have no reason to suspect any level of success.

Whatever the salary cap is using martha fords money

I envy small-market Pittsburgh, their Steelers teams since the 60s have seen the most sustained success overall which Lions fans can't even dream of or begin to imagine. The big-market Patriots were mainly also-rans until after the turn of the century.

Last edited:
Back