Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How to Make the Best Team in 2022

The Mile High due to pot is giving that Bronco hallucinations.

Too much dead cap to trade Goff this off-season. Goff is the starting QB if healthy in 2022. 2023 is a completely different story.

Draft defense and wr. Same thing in free agency. If done properly and with good luck with health. This team can compete for a playoff spot depending on what happens in Green Bay.

Trading Goff would free up 16.5mil in cap space.

And $30.5 million in dead cap. Not worth missing 15% of the cap.

Incorrect. If he is traded before his roster bonus we would free up 16.5mil in cap space and take on 15mil in dead cap. He would then be completely off the books in 2023.

That means we would gain 16.15mil in cap space in 2022 and over 30mil in cap space in 2023, and 2024.

Last edited:
If we werent going to do that for Tua or Herbert or Mac Jones or Fields....then we shouldnt do it for a lesser QB like Pickett.

For me...Pickett is the most talented QB in the draft by far. But im not exactly sure what his upside is....Joe Flacco maybe? I dont think he is a Herbert....but if someone in our scouting dept does then you should take him at 2 and trade Goff to one of these QB needy teams.

Last edited:
If we werent going to do that for Tua or Herbert or Mac Jones or Fields....then we shouldnt do it for a lesser QB like Pickett.

For me...Pickett is the most talented QB in the draft by far. But im not exactly sure what his upside is....Joe Flacco maybe? I dont think he is a Herbert....but if someone in our scouting dept does then you should take him at 2 and trade Goff to one of these QB needy teams.

Kenny Picket's upside is a faster Kirk Cousins, IMO. Safest QB in this class, but doesn't have the ceiling I would like. I have absolutely no interest in Corral. I dont really have a good read on Howell, but I dont see the upside long term. My two guys are Willis and Ridder. Ridder reminds me a little of Trey Lance and I think he has the highest upside in this class. He is definitely a boom or bust guy, but if he booms you have the next Josh Allen. I love Willis's traits as well. He kind of reminds me of a better version of Jalen Hurts, which is not a knock as Hurts has been solid through two seasons.

I would not draft either of these guys high as they come with big question marks, but with the Rams pick I wouldn't be upset.

Back