Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How will Colorado do against OH*?

hungry

Vic? Any insight?

I'm thinking they definitely stand a chance to win this saturday.

If CU wins, I'll seriously worry about Fickell's safety. The nut fans will be on suicide watch fo sho.

If you look at the past couple years of CU football, you'll see some shocking upsets. Wins over Oklahoma, WVU and Georgia when CU was dismissed out of hand before each game. This week feels the same way when talking to Ohio* fans and national media but the problem for CU is that all those upset wins were in Boulder and CU is a terrible road team.

CU lost at Hawaii in week #1 but nobody wins at Hawaii. Then they had Cal beat but blew it at the end ...clobbering a terrible ColoSt last week. And similar to UM, CU has gone old school with new coach and 'Colorado Man' Embree who is trying to do in Boulder what Hoke is trying to do in A2.

I'd expect a rather ugly game. Bauserman is horrific and Braxton Miller looks scared shitless, but playing at home will help. I think CU has a shot but losing to Miami(FL) will have Ohio* focused and I'm guessing we see Luke implement 'Fickell-ball'

But if CU can disrupt Ohio* early or keep the game close, you might just see the bucks ...to borrow a hockey term ...squeeze the stick a bit and choke. Not sure what the spread is, but I'm thinking 23-16 or thereabouts for a final score ...maybe 30-16 with a late score that makes the game seem like it wasn't as close as it will be.

One thing that scares me about OSU is their run game. They were running the ball good on Miami but when the time came to throw, they were horrific. I guess you have to stack the line and make them throw. I hope Colorado beats them, anyone beating OSU is always a good thing.

Pre season, I wanted Bauserman to be the starter at first. Now, I don't even really want him to see the field again. I would rather watch Braxton win us a few games with his playmmaking and lose us a few games with his freshman mistakes. I don't think he can learn anything by sitting behind Bauserman anymore.

That said, barring a big play or two, I don't see Colorado scoring more than twice against the D. I am also pretty sure Ohio State will be able to run all day on CU. I am thinking along the lines of 31-10 OSU meself but I am also a homer!

Yep, Bauserman is already getting threats against his physical well-being.

Hungry said:
Yep, Bauserman is already getting threats against his physical well-being.
That doesn't surprise me at all. Way to keep it classy ohio*

silverbullet97 said:
Pre season, I wanted Bauserman to be the starter at first. Now, I don't even really want him to see the field again. I would rather watch Braxton win us a few games with his playmmaking and lose us a few games with his freshman mistakes. I don't think he can learn anything by sitting behind Bauserman anymore.

That said, barring a big play or two, I don't see Colorado scoring more than twice against the D. I am also pretty sure Ohio State will be able to run all day on CU. I am thinking along the lines of 31-10 OSU meself but I am also a homer!

Wow, really?

The plays I've seen with Braxton looked chaotic, and I didn't see much "playmaking" ability, as even Akron's defense contained him.

Granted, I haven't watched an entire ohio game yet, but from the plays I've seen, Bauserman is at least somewhat accurate (lots of drops though...) and they can move the ball on the ground when he's in.

MichChamp02 said:
silverbullet97 said:

Wow, really?

The plays I've seen with Braxton looked chaotic, and I didn't see much "playmaking" ability, as even Akron's defense contained him.

Granted, I haven't watched an entire ohio game yet, but from the plays I've seen, Bauserman is at least somewhat accurate (lots of drops though...) and they can move the ball on the ground when he's in.
I think they have been keeping Miller on a pretty tight leash thus far but he is a far better runner than Bauserman partially because he is more confident and partially because he is quicker. Braxton was moving the ball against Miami on the ground but he also threw a bad pick and fumbled a few times.

Miller will never match Pryor or Robinson in terms of ability to make plays with his legs but he is "supposed" to have a higher ceiling as a passer.

I have a few problem's with Bauserman but the biggest is that it seems like his receivers have lost confidence in him because he is so inconsistent delivering the ball and because it seems like only ever looks at two options. There were certainly some drops and there was also a play or two where he threw a decent looking ball only to watch the receiver pull up short. It could be the result of having young receivers (3 of the top 4 on the field are freshman right now) but they seem to respond to having Miller out there.

I thought of another factor while walking through the Denver airport in my "Strike a Pose" Desmond t-shirt when passing a group of Ohio fans who did a double take when glancing up at me .....

'Go Bucks!' sounds just like 'Go Buffs!' ....CU will think they're at home!

silverbullet97 said:
MichChamp02 said:
Wow, really?

I think they have been keeping Miller on a pretty tight leash thus far but he is a far better runner than Bauserman partially because he is more confident and partially because he is quicker. Braxton was moving the ball against Miami on the ground but he also threw a bad pick and fumbled a few times.

Miller will never match Pryor or Robinson in terms of ability to make plays with his legs but he is "supposed" to have a higher ceiling as a passer.

I have a few problem's with Bauserman but the biggest is that it seems like his receivers have lost confidence in him because he is so inconsistent delivering the ball and because it seems like only ever looks at two options. There were certainly some drops and there was also a play or two where he threw a decent looking ball only to watch the receiver pull up short. It could be the result of having young receivers (3 of the top 4 on the field are freshman right now) but they seem to respond to having Miller out there.

weird. I must have missed that on his zero completions against Miami

Were you insinuating that against Akron or Toledo they responded better?

AND of course, Miller is a better runner than Bauserman. I don't think anyone was going to argue that. From what I see, I don't see this higher ceiling as a passer for Miller. He looks worse than Denard did his freshman year.

Hungry said:
Vic? Any insight?

I'm thinking they definitely stand a chance to win this saturday.

mullet.jpg

I'm predicting Miller to have a "breakout game" giving OSU fans hope, only to have it crushed when they see him against talent later on.

Like I said they have kept him on a short leash. We will see how he does if/when his role expands. As for his performance so far... Well everyone looked good against Toledo. Miller suffered a minor injury in that game and was held out versus Akron. And yes I thought the team showed some life while he was in the game. Keep in mind that he has had all of two games at this level so it is a bit early to write off his passing ability. On the other hand Bauserman is a 26 year old red shirt senior who has never shown the ability to run an offense at this level.

Back