Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I Didn't Make it to Clooney's Shindig for Obama Yesterday

Obama will still get the majority of his money from individual donors giving $500 or less. Romeny will get the vast majority of his money from large donors or have it spent on his behalf by SUPER PACs.

Really? You don't think Obama will muster big SuperPacs this time around?

...and Cheney criticized Obama for following a troop drawdown schedule in Iraq that he actually had proposed himself. It's all a crock. I feel like we're taking sides between the Blue Knight and the Red Knight at Medieval Times.

There was a big TV commercial recently (within the last couple years or so) that featured them Rockem Sockem Robots that I played with as a kid, it's always the Blue Bomber taking on the Red Rocker.

You play with your thumbs on them buttons and to throw punches and to a degree you could move your robot around, and when you knocked your opponent's block off (you scored a shot that popped the opponent's robot head up about an inch above its body)
you stand up and throw your hands up in the air and dance around and you yell at your opponent "I knocked your block off!!!!"

And your opponent cringes and cups his face into one of his hands and says "oh, fuck (and he's about 7 years old too)...you knocked my block off...."

I loved that game as a kid...

There was a big TV commercial recently (within the last couple years or so) that featured them Rockem Sockem Robots that I played with as a kid, it's always the Blue Bomber taking on the Red Rocker.

You play with your thumbs on them buttons and to throw punches and to a degree you could move your robot around, and when you knocked your opponent's block off (you scored a shot that popped the opponent's robot head up about an inch above its body)
you stand up and throw your hands up in the air and dance around and you yell at your opponent "I knocked your block off!!!!"

And your opponent cringes and cups his face into one of his hands and says "oh, fuck (and he's about 7 years old too)...you knocked my block off...."

I loved that game as a kid...

If I controlled both robots and took bets on which robot would win, I'd be Wall St.

You know I set you up for that, right...?
Yeah. There was no other way to take that, but I didn't get why you didn't bring it in the rest of the way yourself. I was actually thinking "there's always someone who misses it when you leave it that close...why didn't he finish it? There's nothing else that could mean in this thread?!" Now I see. Nicely done.

WWE (or WWF) comes to mind too.

Back