Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

i like hoke's directness and bluntness

michlady77

just watched post game interview on mgoblue.

when asked about his midfield conversationsi with SDSU players, he said it was good to see them, conversation were private BOOM - end of discussion

and a few other references

And he does that without coming off as an a-hole or condescending. I LOVE Brady Hoke. I'm laughing at myself now, how badly I wanted UM to land Jim Harbaugh in January. Then Brady spoke to the media and that was all it took. He had me at "we would have walked to Ann Arbor".

I know gives me a chill every time. I know the team isnt playing perfect yet but you have to like how we compete and the good things that Hoke and his staff have done. Things will get better this is just the start.

"I don't wear red.....I just won't do it"

I find his candor refreshing....without even approaching an arrogant tone.

alonzomoseley said:
And he does that without coming off as an a-hole or condescending. I LOVE Brady Hoke. I'm laughing at myself now, how badly I wanted UM to land Jim Harbaugh in January. Then Brady spoke to the media and that was all it took. He had me at "we would have walked to Ann Arbor".

x1000

I love Brady Hoke. As a Ball State alum, I have been smitten with this hire from day one. I practiced with BSU's basketball team all the time and was lucky enough to be around the facilities when Hoke was there. Never had a long conversation with him, but he always was extremely nice to me when I bumped into him. So happy to see him at his dream job after he worked his rear end off to make BSU better than they have ever been in football. He deserves all the success in the world.

Seems like Coach Hoke hasn't had a missed step so far. Said the right things from the start, kept the team together instead of running players off leaving the team without a qb and starting with a 3-9 record, has not tried to force the team into his system, excellent recruiting year, perfect record so far, wants to beat osu badly, definitely gets it. I took a wait and see attitude towards Hoke, but I am very happy so far. Even if we don't get 8-9 wins this season, I feel Coach Hoke has us moving in the right direction and I am looking forward to watching the team improve over the next few years.

GO BLUE!

Id love to be a fly on the wall for OSU week. I can see him getting his players so hyped. Kind of guy youd run through a wall for.

he's no pellini. Madison is aflutter that Pellini won't bow to the prowess of WI beating up D3 teams the last four weeks

erg57 said:
he's no pellini. Madison is aflutter that Pellini won't bow to the prowess of WI beating up D3 teams the last four weeks
Scratching head...

Jever4321 said:
erg57 said:
Scratching head...

My reaction too. And hey, at least Hoke doesn't pronounce his 'L' like a 'W' as does Peweenie.

TheVictors03 said:
Jever4321 said:
Scratching head...

My reaction too. And hey, at least Hoke doesn't pronounce his 'L' like a 'W' as does Peweenie.

sorry...real OT of me. Living in this town during season gets to me from time time.

erg57 said:
TheVictors03 said:

sorry...real OT of me. Living in this town during season gets to me from time time.

Heh, well I live in the only real city near Lincoln and half the Nebraska population has moved here. Combine that with NU joining the B10 and I'm all about Wisky rolling them. Plus, they're in the Leaders and NU is the Legends so it 'helps' UM in Conf standing.

Back