Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I?m Not Doing 2021 Countdown - Wake Me Up When September Ends - 2020 Countdown

Wait, what?

I?m pretty sure Noam Chomsky says shit like that. He says it every day.

Know the difference between Noam Chomsky and Brent Musberger?

Chomsky would know that when there is no time on the game clock and the team possessing the ball is in the lead - the game is over. That team has won.

Even a broke clock is right twice a day.

I just said that to someone this morning, about J'Biden.

I am also reasonably certain that Musberger once called a golfer's eagle on a par-five a "hole in one". Listening to him talk golf was comical. Like me talking womens' (sic) fashion.

...Musburger's golf ventures were somewhat infamous. Fans were critical of his knowledge of the game and he often made mistakes, like the time he referred to Larry Mize as 'Johnny Mize,' the Hall of Fame baseball player. These sentiments grew with fiery comments from former studio partner Tom Weiskopf.

"Brent Musburger was not a golfer," Weiskopf once told the Chicago Tribune. "Brent did not know or understand the tradition and terminology, or jargon, of the game."

Weiskopf claimed he had to "babysit" Musburger. "It was not a pleasant situation."

Also adding fuel to the flames was criticism from CBS golf producer Frank Chirkinian. The World Golf Hall of Famer allegedly never saw eye-to-eye with Musburger. The relationship was further damaged when Chirkinian ripped Musburger in an interview with Golf Digest, after Musburger asked John Daly about rumors of his wild off-the-course lifestyle.

"What you've done is you've established in the eyes of the other players that you are not to be trusted," said Chirkinian. "Every player who was there and heard the interview said, 'Don't come to us. We will not be interviewed by you.'​

Last edited:
Brent asked Daly about his wild lifestyle because he wanted some recommendations on where to get hammered. Brent's been known to hit the sauce - a lot - himself

10 days

c9b16226-e94a-4d8e-8dfc-5e9d16682273-4_22_95.NFL_DRAFT_BILLS_.A0.JPG

native.jpg

R.2cb70707878dc705067a9c459a64e00e

threetwisconsin.jpg

url

url

81fb12fc78a30c0e2c0b21615a608dc7.jpg

https://youtu.be/k_DoQaXY7ZA

Last edited:
Maybe - maybe- it's because I've been under a blistering sun, 100% humidity, no breeze whatsoever, and 95F temperatures for the last several weeks, a pattern that will continue through next week, but it sure doesn't feel like football season or fall is 5 days away, or even close.

Maybe - maybe- it's because I've been under a blistering sun, 100% humidity, no breeze whatsoever, and 95F temperatures for the last several weeks, a pattern that will continue through next week, but it sure doesn't feel like football season or fall is 5 days away, or even close.

You still haven?t lived that long in a climate where there?s not a winter season; not one like the in Great Lakes Midwest anyway.

You start to not notice after a while.

Back