Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I was playing Mlb 11 last night.....

Beez said:
jmakula87 said:
Haha, that is pretty awesome about your lady. Yeah, I guess I mostly play sports games and I guess strategy/rpgs. I'm a definite nerd, but fortunately my background in sports helped me trick my popular friends into the world of nerdiness.

Yeah I got lucky, she's a certified model, goes to school for nursing, is a wonderful mom, loves sports, is a good cook, and loves video games. Her only downfall is that she can be a bit jealous , likes OSU if she had to pick a college team and worships the Steelers. I knew it was too good to be true.

.Nothing wrong with playing video games..its what guys do. I wish I could play games as much as I did but having a baby changes that drastically. Mom and him always have the TV. lol.

The best part..

Beez said:
jmakula87 said:
Haha, that is pretty awesome about your lady. Yeah, I guess I mostly play sports games and I guess strategy/rpgs. I'm a definite nerd, but fortunately my background in sports helped me trick my popular friends into the world of nerdiness.

Yeah I got lucky, she's a certified model, goes to school for nursing, is a wonderful mom, loves sports, is a good cook, and loves video games. Her only downfall is that she can be a bit jealous , likes OSU if she had to pick a college team and worships the Steelers. I knew it was too good to be true.

.Nothing wrong with playing video games..its what guys do. I wish I could play games as much as I did but having a baby changes that drastically. Mom and him always have the TV. lol.

Haha ah, not everybody can be perfect...those are two rough teams for somebody to like.

And the baby is probably worth the decrease in video games :)

Mitch- Whats the best part?

Jmakula- Absolutely..the kid is amazing. just turned 5 months old and I love him more than I've ever loved anyone/thing in my entire life. What a life changer.

Must not be working on my computer at work..it all looks the same for some reason.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:
Must not be working on my computer at work..it all looks the same for some reason.

She can cook.

ahh, kinda figured thats what it was. Yeah its a huge plus because 1 I dont have to cook for myself unless we grill out, and 2 I dont have to fake like I enjoy it to not hurt her feeling and go hungry. lol
Her fried Chicken and home made mashed potatoes makes me wanna smack my momma.

Beez said:
2k basketball=good...2k football or baseball games were all bad. MLB the show is the best baseball game since MVP.

Watch yourself there... 2k football was FANTASTIC. I keep expecting every year Madden to finally take some ideas from it, but they never do...

MalFunkShun said:
Beez said:
2k basketball=good...2k football or baseball games were all bad. MLB the show is the best baseball game since MVP.

Watch yourself there... 2k football was FANTASTIC. I keep expecting every year Madden to finally take some ideas from it, but they never do...

We are worlds apart my friend..I thought everything about sk football was terrible. lol To each his own though.

thanks for the heads up on "the road to the show"...i bought it 2 days ago and havent stopped. Im playing 2B for Erie
laugh.png

ive never been drafted by the tigers.

I always get drafted by the Yankees, or the white sux. And i always get traded to seattle orPadres where im brought up from double a right to the majors and then suck cause my skills are to low.

bavarianinnman said:
ive never been drafted by the tigers.

I always get drafted by the Yankees, or the white sux. And i always get traded to seattle orPadres where im brought up from double a right to the majors and then suck cause my skills are to low.

I always get traded to the Cubs :) . But you can choose which team rather than get drafted.

Beez said:

Jmakula- Absolutely..the kid is amazing. just turned 5 months old and I love him more than I've ever loved anyone/thing in my entire life. What a life changer.

Yep...it is amazing how a kid makes you feel. I feel the EXACT way about my kid, and b4 him I was a selfish prick to everyone. I became selfless the day he was born, and remained that way 4 the most part since. I never thought I would feel the way I do about him for anyone...he will be 9 in March, and is the inspiration for all I do. Congrats on the baby man, and enjoy the early years as they go fast!
grin.png

mgoblue0303 said:
Beez said:

Yep...it is amazing how a kid makes you feel. I feel the EXACT way about my kid, and b4 him I was a selfish prick to everyone. I became selfless the day he was born, and remained that way 4 the most part since. I never thought I would feel the way I do about him for anyone...he will be 9 in March, and is the inspiration for all I do. Congrats on the baby man, and enjoy the early years as they go fast!
grin.png

Much appreciated man, its terrible to say because I know it will fly by and I'll miss it but I cant wait for him to be 9. lol Must be pretty rewarding to watch your kid play a game or go outside and play catch with him.

Dude, the one year I was rebuilding with the Padres and Jamie Moyer was in my rotation. He won the Cy Young that year this was his stat line

29-2, .98 ERA, .81 WHIP

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Dude, the one year I was rebuilding with the Padres and Jamie Moyer was in my rotation. He won the Cy Young that year this was his stat line

29-2, .98 ERA, .81 WHIP

My season that I am playing right now screws Verlander all the time. I once had 17 K's and gave up 14 hits in 6 2/3 innings with him. His pitch count is over 100 by the 7th inning, which is actually quite accurate, and the bullpen never seems to hold for him. It's August and he is like 11-6 with a 3.14 ERA.....pisses me off!!

Beez said:
mgoblue0303 said:
grin.png

Much appreciated man, its terrible to say because I know it will fly by and I'll miss it but I cant wait for him to be 9. lol Must be pretty rewarding to watch your kid play a game or go outside and play catch with him.

It really is man...he is just starting his first year of tackle football, and has secured a spot on a 9U travel baseball team for next year already. It is a lot of fun, I can tell ya that!

Back