Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

illegal motion near end of game

hungry

I noticed that Rutgers got called for an illegal motion. The refs set the ball back 5 yards, reset the playclock, and started the gameclock. What is to stop a team from having like 10 illegal motion penalties in a row and never having to get another first down or snap the ball?

I've wondered that same thing. You shouldn't have a situation where you can benefit from a penalty.

Of course, UM's head coach was asleep at the wheel and didn't call timeout.

Said the exact same thing to the people I was watching the game with. I said they should just keep getting those penalties until the game ends.

I thought the game clock was supposed to stop after a penalty in that situation, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Not that it would have mattered. Nuss was playing for the FG to win, despite the fact they don't have a great K...and apparently zero ability to block the defenders.

Back