Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

indians sign Raburn

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2013/3/...spring-training-2013-mlb-raburn-valverde-inge
Checking in on the Tigers' rejects.
from bybtb

cringe might begin the season on the DL, Jacob Turner sent to the minors.

Brandon on the DL? He played in the Pirates 6-2 loss yesterday @ 1B/3B, going 1 for 5 with a single, 2 Ks, and an error. He is hitting an anemic .143 in ST, with only one multiple hit game, and ZERO xbh. How can a MLB team, even the lowly Pirates justify his potential spot on their regular-season roster? Guess that his fate will be decided soon, one way or the other.

As far as Raburn, he did perform well enough in ST for the Tribe to make the team. I am sure that Cleveland is hoping that he will turn into a vengeful nightmare for the Tigers and their pitchers, whenever he plays in divisional games against them this coming season.

Last edited:
found it on twitter;

Pirates have committed to keeping Brandon Inge on the roster. He could start season on DL after getting hit by a pitch.

found it on twitter;

Pirates have committed to keeping Brandon Inge on the roster. He could start season on DL after getting hit by a pitch.

Oh, I see that Inge is listed as being D2D due to a shoulder blade bone bruise effective March 22. Still, I am incredulous that Brandon has even the slightest chance of making the Pirates' roster...:no:

There has to be literally hundreds of "career" minor leaguers who have displayed similar athleticism on defense as Brandon, along with having mediocre offensive stats who wonder why they have never been able to get a cup of coffee in MLB, much less somehow manage to enjoy a long career paying many millions just b/c of the dearth of decent veteran MLB IFers who play 3B.

But I have to recall that I have witnessed the same or similar during my many years of employment, with co-workers who were some of the most notoriously lazy, incompetent and useless employees, who had nevertheless been given promotions to positions of authority that they most certainly did not ever earn nor deserve....sigh.

Last edited:
bybtb forgot to mention bonderman.

Bonderman's start today (5.1IP/7ER/11H/1BB) & 8.80 Sring Training ERA can't hurt chances of Mariners #10 prospect Brandon Maurer winning rotation spot.
Bad News Blunderman must still be working on a changeup.

Well...it looks like Jeremy won't avoid being one of the Mariners' final cut of the preseason, but it isn't like he hasn't made his mark and has been paid many $$MMs for his (abbreviated) MLB career. But...hey...there is always the Sugarland Skeeters, who the uber-creep and former redsux/yanker "rogah clemency" pitched for last year, IF Bondo just can't quit the game yet. I will always fondly remember his Game 4 performance vs the yanks in the '06 ALDS.

Feel good about G-Money. Feel bad for the way Inge's career is winding down.

Some guys just refuse to throw in the towel, even when they are well-aware the lights on their game have greatly dimmed.

In the meantime Armando Gallaraga toils for the Columbus Clippers -- Dontrelle Willis toils for the Long Island Ducks and I can't find any MLB / MiLB stats this year on Ryan Perry.

If anyone is interested, Casey Fein is still around. He holds a 9.00 ERA and 1.75 WHIP this season. Clay Rapada just signed a minor league deal with the Yankees. Zach Miner has thrown a couple innings over at Lehigh Valley.

Last edited:
Feel good about G-Money. Feel bad for the way Inge's career is winding down.

Some guys just refuse to throw in the towel, even when they are well-aware the lights on their game have greatly dimmed.

In the meantime Armando Gallaraga toils for the Columbus Clippers -- Dontrelle Willis toils for the Long Island Ducks and I can't find any MLB / MiLB stats this year on Ryan Perry.

If anyone is interested, Casey Fein is still around. He holds a 9.00 ERA and 1.75 WHIP this season. Clay Rapada just signed a minor league deal with the Yankees. Zach Miner has thrown a couple innings over at Lehigh Valley.

Inge stayed about 6 years too long.

Ex-Tigers in the Majors this year

R. Raburn 72 PA 4 HR .343 BAVG .986 OPS

G. Laird 33 PA 0 HR .333 BAVG .827 OPS

W. Ramirez 26 PA 0 HR .348 BAVG .795 OPS

J. Hannahan 29 PA 0 HR .308 BAVG .764 OPS

C. Pena 126 PA 3 HR .239 BAVG .727 OPS

M. Joyce 94 PA 6 HR .212 BAVG .723 OPS

C. Ross 79 PA 1 HR .270 BAVG .682 OPS

B. Inge 35 PA 0 HR .294 BAVG .667 OPS

B. Boesch 39 PA 2 HR .189 BAVG .663 OPS

A. Torres 66 PA 1 HR .254 BAVG .653 OPS

R. Brantly 91 PA 0 HR .222 BAVG .605 OPS

D. Young 23 PA 1 HR .150 BAVG .600 OPS

P. Polanco 124 PA 0 HR .248 BAVG .598 OPS

S. Sizemore 6 PA 0 HR .167 BAVG .500 OPS

C. Maybin 37 PA 0 HR .091 BAVG .288 OPS

J. McDonald 29 PA 0 HR .077 BAVG .288 OPS

C. Wells 10 PA 0 HR .000 BAVG .100 OPS

O. Santos 1 PA 0 HR .000 BAVG .000 OPS

J. Grilli 13.0 IP 4 BB 21 SO 0.69 ERA 0.85 WHIP

A. Figaro 15.3 IP 2 BB 14 SO 2.93 ERA 1.24 WHIP

B. Badenhop 10.6 IP 1 BB 10 SO 4.22 ERA 1.03 WHIP

C. Furbush 8.3 IP 7 BB 15 SO 4.32 ERA 1.68 WHIP

B. Lyon 12.3 IP 2 BB 10 SO 4.38 ERA 1.14 WHIP

C. Fien 12.3 IP 3 BB 11 SO 5.11 ERA 1.05 WHIP

F. Rodney 10.6 IP 9 BB 12 SO 5.06 ERA 1.78 WHIP

E. Jackson 38.0 IP 18 BB 39 SO 6.39 ERA 1.63 WHIP

C. Durbin 10.6 IP 7 BB 11 SO 6.75 ERA 1.97 WHIP

yeeeeeah, his .426 babip says this wont continue, as do his 20% HR/FB rate, 6.7% walk rate, and 25.3% K rate. his LD rate is also WAY above his career norm, and would be by far the highest of his career if he somehow sustained it. look for him to fall back to his normal doldrums soon.

still not upset we finally got rid of him.

I'm not sad he's gone, but I always knew he was better then last seasons numbers made him to be.

He's just inconsistent.

The Indians were 23-18 through 41 games last year, and this year 26-18 through 44.

Back