Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indians

jmakula87

10 days ago they were a game above .500 and 3.5 games out of first. Couple of my buddies quit talking/tweeting about baseball very quickly lol.

I live in the Cleveland area and my friends that are Indians fans have completely stopped watching them. I know they are on a losing streak but I watched the Tigers through the 90s and early 2000s.

I still remember the series earlier this year in Cleveland when we totally blew chunks all over the field and the sweep game where the Indians crowd starting chanting Detroit sucks, Detroit sucks. You notice our crowd didn't return that favor this past series? You tell your Cleveland friends Karma is a bitch. That's what happens when they all act a fool. How they like it now

lol

Last edited:
They overachieved for half a season then fell back to Earth with a mighty thud...just like last year. All their "stars"...Ass-dribble = overrated....Pronk = washed up...Santana = overrated...scrap heap starting staff. The only reason they stayed at .500 as long as they did is because of Pestano and Perez making it a 7-inning game...

Indians have lost 11 straight games while allowing 5+ runs each loss; 5th team in expansion era (62 Mets, 94 Red Sox, 96 Tigers, 05 Royals).

Oh wow, I didn't look at the score for a while till now. Hilarious that the Twins scored 3 in the 9th. Seems like it would be hard to keep running out there if you were playing on the Indians. So embarrassing.

Chris Perez blowing saves makes it so much better.

Last edited:
Indians look to tie their franchise record with 12 straight losses today. That would be so loverly.

Haha, that article is awesome. I would love to see his follow up right now.

That's quality work right there. He should write a follow up article!

His breakdown was pretty accurate....unfortunately for him the "big 4" of JV, Miggy, AJ and Prince are so much better than anything the Indians have the other minor advantages that he pointed out were negated.

His breakdown was pretty accurate....unfortunately for him the "big 4" of JV, Miggy, AJ and Prince are so much better than anything the Indians have the other minor advantages that he pointed out were negated.

It seemed like he kind of glossed right over the starting pitching. Which has been such a huge difference. If Smyly was on the Indians, he would have talked him up a ton. At least that is the feeling I got from the article.

But in his defense, if you are going to make it as a writer, you have to go out on some limbs and write some articles that might be stretching a bit.

It seemed like he kind of glossed right over the starting pitching. Which has been such a huge difference. If Smyly was on the Indians, he would have talked him up a ton. At least that is the feeling I got from the article.

But in his defense, if you are going to make it as a writer, you have to go out on some limbs and write some articles that might be stretching a bit.

That and this "Left field: Johnny Damon/Shelley Duncan versus Andy Dirks/Delmon Young. Damon has looked terrible. Dirks has looked great, but too early to evaluate this one. "

Pretty obvious what's going on here...so since Dirks has looked great it's too early to evaluate, but every other position (aside from the positions where our superstars play, and even there he suggests that Hannahan might be close to on par with Miggy) can be accurately evaluated with a strong bias to the Indians in mid-May?

I appreciate tom's stance and how he shows virtually no homerism to the point where he might actually be Drew Sharp, but you got to call a spade a spade. Write the article with a strong bias to the Motor City Kitties instead and a) tom would probably take issue with it and b) one might think that one of our more homeresque posters authored it.

David's response...

"@dschoenfield: To all my #Tigers "fans": Yes, #Indians are not as good. I get it. However, my suggestion that Tigers are 88-win team appears accurate."

David's response...

"@dschoenfield: To all my #Tigers "fans": Yes, #Indians are not as good. I get it. However, my suggestion that Tigers are 88-win team appears accurate."

I guess that was in a different article?

Back