Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Infrastructure Bill

Gulo Blue

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...re-bill-charts-detail-bidens-plan/4820227001/

Big enough numbers to defy intuition, but looking at some of them relative to others yields some surprises.

Electric vehicle stations is 150% of bridges, highways, and roads
Retrofitting homes and commercial properties is even bigger than that and averages $100k. Better be a lot of commercial properties in there.

Water infrastructure is as big as roads and bridges. Electric grid is also similar in scale.

Caregivers for the elderly is as big as road & bridges + water infrastructure + electric grid upgrades

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...re-bill-charts-detail-bidens-plan/4820227001/

Big enough numbers to defy intuition, but looking at some of them relative to others yields some surprises.

Electric vehicle stations is 150% of bridges, highways, and roads
Retrofitting homes and commercial properties is even bigger than that and averages $100k. Better be a lot of commercial properties in there.

Water infrastructure is as big as roads and bridges. Electric grid is also similar in scale.

Caregivers for the elderly is as big as road & bridges + water infrastructure + electric grid upgrades

cue dummies whining about spending and comparing federal spending to them bouncing checks and maxing out credit cards

I'm all for the true infrastructure items. But it appears that almost 1/2 of the bill is really social spending...not infrastructure.

I'm all for the true infrastructure items. But it appears that almost 1/2 of the bill is really social spending...not infrastructure.

Like every bill nowadays. Stuffed full of shit not related to the bill's intent. I wonder if it's deception or plain laziness?

I guess you either spend it helping people, or spend it policing them when they get angry and revolt. I think helping them is more cost effective.

we're already spending a lot to prop up the 1% through various subsidies, handouts, etc.. most people are happy with a lot less than they get.

I guess you either spend it helping people, or spend it policing them when they get angry and revolt. I think helping them is more cost effective.

we're already spending a lot to prop up the 1% through various subsidies, handouts, etc.. most people are happy with a lot less than they get.

I think the top 1% includes all families that earn over $400K per year. I don't think people making $400K a year age getting "propped up". I think those people are doing more than their share

It?s all designed to bankrupt the system into planned global reset. It?s only a matter time. The equally assured misery will escape not even michchumps anger and revolt, while the worlds top 1% enslaves the entire globe

https://townhall.com/columnists/jus...-americans-into-the-great-reset-trap-n2587085

How can it bankrupt a system with the capacity to print money?

And if more money goes to everyone - either directly or in the form of services and infrastructure everyone can use - the 1% will have that much less power and leverage over the rest of us, and accordingly be less likely to be able to enslave the entire globe.

There will always be a 1%, but whether they control 20% of the nation's wealth by themselves, or a significant number less than that, makes a difference

I know from video games that infrastructure spending is how you win.

Back