Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge....I think "Brandon"when I watch the game now

kalinesboy

Said all along his one big redeeming virtue from the past was his play in the post season (see 2006).

So perhaps it is not time to heap praise on the lad's head, but I think just talking about him helps him play better.

Therefore this thread is for Inge comments ...good or bad.

Mr. INGEtober!!

Yup, just like '06!!!

Well, for most of it anyway.

Brandon truly sucks in the regular-season now, but I certainly cannot fault him for the Tigers needing to win two more to advance to the WS. He has obviously done his part, and has performed well with what is still within his abilities to do.

Had Inge been left off the postseason roster, and the Tigers gone with Betemit, they would have already very likely been eliminated.

He certainly hasn't been one of the weak links in this post season thus far.

Gotta agree, Inge has definitely been coming through in the postseason. I'm usually one of the ones clamoring for them to get rid of him and find a 3rd baseman who is at least serviceable at the plate but I have to give credit where credit is due. The guy's playing good ball right now.

2012, keep him on the bench all year. When the playoffs start, he begins to play.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]2012, keep him on the bench all year. When the playoffs start, he begins to play.

...But Sparky did it in reverse in 84'. HoJo played in the regular season and then got like one at bat or something in the WS.

Here's a trivia question: find a quote by Sparky about Inge. (Personally I think the "Sparky 11" patches are helping like the lightning bolt ensignias did in Roy Hobbs day.)

from 3-29-03 "Brandon Inge was praised by Sparky Anderson this spring and there is high hopes that he will improve his batting performance this year"

Back