Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Harbaugh off the hotseat?

I know Wisconsin is not normal Wisconsin (I said as much 2 weeks ago when people were saying that we would get destroyed by them) but they do have a legitimate defense whose first priority is stopping the run. They allowed 3 rushing yards against NDSucks. They had allowed a total of 69 rushing yards in 3 games. Yes, they had a lot of sacks against NDSucks that skewed that number, but only 1 against PDU and 2 against Eastern Michigan. Michigan rushed for 112 yards against them and did not allow a sack. I don't know what your definition of having the run game being "shut down" is, but Michigan had an effective run game against one of the best run defenses in the country.

I will concede that the defense has yet to be tested by a competent offense but I do expect the current staff to do a better job than Don Brown in handling the explosive offenses we see. Time will tell if that is correct but the most concern anyone seems to have about the defense is how "awful" they played against Rutgers when they allowed 10 points and had to spend 20 of the first 23 minutes of the second half on the field.

Just enjoy the ride. They're likely not going to win the conference and go to the playoff. They'll probably still lose to OSU. They might lose tonight. But they just destroyed Wisconsin in Madison in a game that the Michigan teams the past few years would have lost by 20.

Back