Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

it's not too late to go after rondo!

jakebernatyo

jennings isn't a bad option moving forward. he has good court vision, he can play the passing lanes with his elite quickness, and he can create his own shot.
BUT
he is an awful on-ball defender who consistently gives up dribble penetration and/or gets screened off because of his lack of strength and size.

he could be a better fit for a rebuilding boston team with very little scoring options on the perimeter outside of jeff green.

as for the pistons, rondo would provide us with the defensive pass-first mentality we need from our PG. because we wouldn't exactly have a go-to scorer, he would run the show for us and get everyone involved and in the right spots.

here's my trade idea:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kz5bdzv

detroit trades: monroe, jennings, villanueva, jerebko
detroit receives: rondo, wallace, faverani

boston trades: rondo, wallace, faverani
boston receives: monroe, jennings, villanueva, jerebko

from boston's perspective, they are able to add a franchise big in monroe and a stop-gap PG in jennings. also, they get out of gerald wallace's horrible contract with villanueva's expiring deal. jerebko's a filler, but only has 1 year left on his deal after this year anyways.

from our perspective, we finally are able to balance out the roster and move smith to his natural PF position. both he and drummond would thrive with rondo running the show and getting them easy buckets. KCP essentially keeps the same role which he seems to be settling in to. singler probably steps into the starting lineup as a floor-spacer/glue-guy which is the perfect role for him. while he may not be a great or even good defender, he's smart and understands the importance of positioning. he would be MUCH easier to hide on defense than both jennings and monroe.

wallace gives us a veteran perimeter defender who can still provide toughness and solid defense, especially off the bench where he won't have to guard starters. faverani adds another center to replace moose. i've seen a little bit of his play and was honestly impressed. he could be a good backup C.

meh...im fine with Jennings although he probably shoots too much. Id probably rather trade Monroe for a SF.

I don't want a guy coming off that type of injury. Your just asking for trouble and may set the franchise back even further...
What's wrong with 15.8 PPG and 8.8 RPG?

I don't like Smith at all. His percentage is low..Every time I see him he shots all the damn time

Back