Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

jason smith being released

lionscanada81

Is he a possible LT maybe RT or a move to guard like leonard davis. Just a thought.

Go lions

Why was he released? I'm assuming because he sucked. Who releases a LT other than they were bad.,

I get he was a high pick and we're picked up a few just like him but not a LT. You get drafted as a LT and can't handle being a RT, how does that help us? Did he suddenly learn how to play better?

true, but maybe a solution at guard. I don't know just looking for a diamond in the rough so to speak

He's one of the worst tackles in football. I'd rather have Culbreath and Fox...

He is not being released...they told him he ain't making the 10 million he is due next year and will have to take a pay cut , and on top of that he is BRUTAL in both pass and run blocking.

Profootballtalk.com reports that Rams RT Jason Smith "will be landing on waivers" if he doesn't agree to a dramatic salary reduction for 2012.
A league source tells PFT that Smith has received an "ultimatum" from the Rams. His base salary is a whopping $10 million, and only $1 million of it is guaranteed. Since being the No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 draft, Smith has started only 26 of a possible 48 games. When healthy, Smith has been terrifically poor in pass protection and added very little as a run blocker.

SLICK said:
He is not being released...they told him he ain't making the 10 million he is due next year and will have to take a pay cut , and on top of that he is BRUTAL in both pass and run blocking.

Profootballtalk.com reports that Rams RT Jason Smith "will be landing on waivers" if he doesn't agree to a dramatic salary reduction for 2012.
A league source tells PFT that Smith has received an "ultimatum" from the Rams. His base salary is a whopping $10 million, and only $1 million of it is guaranteed. Since being the No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 draft, Smith has started only 26 of a possible 48 games. When healthy, Smith has been terrifically poor in pass protection and added very little as a run blocker.
If they go OT at 2, he's gone.

They'll flip the 2 to the Browns and take Blackmon at 4.

cheeno said:
They'll flip the 2 to the Browns and take Blackmon at 4.
Doubt it.

The Akron Beacon Journal expects the Browns to stay put at the No. 4 overall draft slot if they can't find a way to trade down.
Beat reporter Nate Ulrich points to GM Tom Heckert's tendency to "covet" draft picks, and believes the Browns will not trade up for Baylor QB Robert Griffin. NFL Network's Albert Breer and Jason La Canfora both think the Dolphins and Redskins are candidates to move up for Griffin. The Browns are known to be high on the 2011 Heisman winner, but may only get RG3 if he falls to No. 4.

rookie cap is alot more trade friendly...someones going to jump up to #2 to get RG III , unless the Rams fall in love with Blackmon and want him that bad.

SLICK said:
rookie cap is alot more trade friendly...someones going to jump up to #2 to get RG III , unless the Rams fall in love with Blackmon and want him that bad.
What about Kalil? Fischer wants to prioritize running the ball and protecting the QB. Sounds like OT over WR to me. They'd need a crazy good offer to drop down to 6 or lower IMO

It'll depend on how many teams want to trade up. If its just the Redskins trying to jump the Browns, why wouldn't they just deal with Minny? Much cheaper and I don't think Cleveland would counter-jump to #2. St. Louis only comes into play IMO if there are multiple teams willing to pay that high price. I'm not so sure there will be.

Bradford needs some offensive weapons. Right now you are relying on a 30 year old Brandon Lloyd with 1.5 good seasons in his career, a perennially injured Danario Alexander, Danny Amendola, and Greg Salas. Not to mention an rb with tonnes of tread.

RG3 has GMs salivating over the next Cam Newton. Someone will grab him at 2. Rams will get their man further down the board.

cheeno said:
Bradford needs some offensive weapons. Right now you are relying on a 30 year old Brandon Lloyd with 1.5 good seasons in his career, a perennially injured Danario Alexander, Danny Amendola, and Greg Salas. Not to mention an rb with tonnes of tread.

RG3 has GMs salivating over the next Cam Newton. Someone will grab him at 2. Rams will get their man further down the board.
OTs are worth more than WRs unless its Calvin/Fitz/Green level...I don't think Blackmon is rated quite that high but I could be wrong.

If the Rams move down to 6 or lower, they're not getting either one. Thats why I think they'll need to be blown away to trade that pick.

In hindsight...the 2009 1st pick was an extremely easy choice to make.

Could you imagine being stuck with Aaron Curry at a price tag similar to Stafford's?

Romneybot said:
In hindsight...the 2009 1st pick was an extremely easy choice to make.

Could you imagine being stuck with Aaron Curry at a price tag similar to Stafford's?

for sure...i hated being at the top of that draft at the time...i didn't believe stafford was the guy...and didn't like any other options available...even if stafford busted he was still the right pick lol....i'm glad he didn't and that i was wrong big time..the" experts" did say that the value in that draft was in the middle first all the way through the second round.

I thought stafford at the time was the only logical choice. I didnt like anybody else in that top 5 but also didnt see stafford as an elite qb.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Where are the dingus' that wanted Smith and Curry over Stafford?
?? Bwahahaha

Still on the ESPN board.

Back