Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jeff Okudah torn Achilles, out for season

Hate to say it..but the defense just got better. Im convinced any bum off the street can be 5 yards away from his man on every play just the same as Okudah was. He makes 1 play a game and gives up multiple big plays a game. Next man up...

Hate to say it..but the defense just got better. Im convinced any bum off the street can be 5 yards away from his man on every play just the same as Okudah was. He makes 1 play a game and gives up multiple big plays a game. Next man up...

We will now have a starting backfield of

CB - Amani Oruwariye, Ifeatu Melifonwu and AJ Parker at Nickel

S - Walker and Harris.

That might be the singe worst starting 5 in the NFL.......in the last 10 years. AO and Melifonwu would be 4th and 5th guys in a good CB room. Walker would be a 3rd S on a good team. Harris wouldn't even make most NFL team.

We're starting them.

That. Is. Awful.

Bet Mike Ford looks like a pretty good option at this point, huh?

Last edited:
Disappointing rookie season + a significant injury. Probably already another Quinn bust. The joys of being a Lions fan.

S - Walker and Harris.

That might be the singe worst starting 5 in the NFL.......in the last 10 years. AO and Melifonwu would be 4th and 5th guys in a good CB room. Walker would be a 3rd S on a good team. Harris wouldn't even make most NFL team.

We're starting them.

That. Is. Awful.

to be fair to the coaching staff...they probably look pretty good in practice...going against the Lions WRs.

Coaching staff: "wow, the way our guys are in practice...the WRs look pretty good and so do the DBs. Both groups are very competitive playing against each other"

I mean, he's been a huge disappointment so far, but he still had a chance to be a decent starter. Now he's going to be a complete bust. #3 pick and we'll have gotten one crappy year out of him. You simply cannot bust on so many Day 1 and 2 picks in the draft and have a talented roster. The guys who should be part of the core of your team are guys taken in the first 3 rounds the last several classes. For the Lions, we're getting less than 1 starter every draft out of rounds 1-3 over the last seven classes, that's insane. 7 years, 26 picks in the first 3 rounds, 6 starters for a bad roster.

S - Walker and Harris.

We're starting them.

That. Is. Awful.

LBs were the worst in the league. Secondary was the worst in the league.

We drafted 2 fat DTs that made zero impact on the game yesterday. They went all in that 2 fat DTs would change the pass rush and therefor help the LBs and secondary. Ive continued to say that is the wrong approach...game 1 proved me right so far. I dounbt ill be proved wrong throughout the season.

Want a pass rush....get a pass rusher....fucking brilliant isnt it?

Sucks for Okudah. Kills any development chances and probably slows him even more. We have him for 2 more seasons after this on the rookie deal. Trading him if he gets healthy enough should happen. We'll get a late rounder. Woof

Add 2 starting CBS to the list that we need to address next year.

If Okudah moves to S after this injury, that has potential to improve both CB and S positions for the Lions. I'm good with that. Not that I think using a #3 overall pick on a Safety is smart, but water under the bridge and this might be their best path forward.

Use that freaking large cap space to grab a top FA CB and a S who will help Okudah transition to S and maybe the Secondary becomes above average.

Wait, sorry...this is the Lions.

Move along, nothing to see here...

since we are counting

2 starting CB
2 starting WR
2 starting LB
1 starting QB
1 impact DE

did I miss any?

Good thing we have 3 picks in the top 35 next year, even though we?ll probably trade two of them to secure KCs 2023 1st rounder.

since we are counting

2 starting CB
2 starting WR
2 starting LB
1 starting QB
1 impact DE

did I miss any?

Goff will be fine, and one of the 3 current rookie CBs will be sufficiently good to play the #2 CB and another the Nickel CB.

Is Barnes the LB you are saying is the one they can keep? If not, then that is 1 less LB on your list.

At the moment I'm kinda hoping they can get Hutchinson with one of their R1 picks. Kid is beasting this year and has a high motor for playing that DE or pass rushing LB type position. I think he is mentally in line with what Campbell is looking for in his players.

Will see how season progresses of course, just saying he is an early one to consider.

At the moment I'm kinda hoping they can get Hutchinson with one of their R1 picks. Kid is beasting this year and has a high motor for playing that DE or pass rushing LB type position. I think he is mentally in line with what Campbell is looking for in his players.

Will see how season progresses of course, just saying he is an early one to consider.

Detroit is likely to have a top 5 pick. Hutchinson will be in play. He just needs to produce against some good competition. He?s got the talent.

The 1st pick is likely to be a QB. I just don?t see Goff showing them he is the guy to lead us past this year.

2nd 1st rounder will likely be in the high 20?s to 32 and will depend on what FA brings. Detroit will have to start hitting HR?s with their picks and FA signings. They need a big talent upgrade on defense. Patricia did such a bad job it has left us with next to nothing defensively.

Fuck you fatty. He was as bad a coach as Millen was a GM.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion Quinn is more to blame for our current sorry situation defensively than Patricia. Quinn was supposed to evaluate the players and draft them. Granted they were skewed based on what scheme Patty wanted to use, but the talent needed to be there.

I'm of the opinion Quinn is more to blame for our current sorry situation defensively than Patricia. Quinn was supposed to evaluate the players and draft them. Granted they were skewed based on what scheme Patty wanted to use, but the talent needed to be there.

Combo of both. Patricia wanted that type of player and Quinn obliged

Plus the old new scheme adjustment. Legitimate reason but I know everyone here won't accept that as an excuse.

Holmes did bring in some of these guys. Kept Romeo on his own who was solid. Had to keep Flowers who was really good Sunday (4th for all edge defenders and forced that big fumble). Jamie Collins restructured and good in run D but bad in coverage so mixed bag, Anzalone they brought in who struggled in both run and coverage. Brockers struggled but dealing with injury. McNeil they brought in was solid in first start at nose. Onwuzurike was hurt and didn't play. Hand hurt of course. Nick Williams solid dealing with injury too. Charles Harris was bad who was Holmes add. Marlowe brought in but can't beat out Harris who was awful but we all know can't change every position in a year. Holmes guys a mixed bag so far.

Okudah and AO were not good but now Okudah is done. Parker was good in slot especially for UDFA rookie. Makes sense to try to develop these guys. If Glenn and AP can't, nobody can IMO. But now Okudah is done so unfortunate. 4 big injuries in 1 season and 1 game for him. Feel for the guy. He was trying and working hard. Played only 10 games in his young career without much pass rush, LB coverage or safety support (when Harris is on his side)

Harris was worst safety in league. We all saw this coming.

since we are counting

2 starting CB
2 starting WR
2 starting LB
1 starting QB
1 impact DE

did I miss any?

2 starting S lol

If theres any good news i think we end up being in a great cap spot once flowers is gone. Our safety play was soooooo bad in week 1. Its easy to blame the corners....but the safeties played worse.

Last edited:
Back