Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

jerami grant

We?ve all heard the different rumors about Detroit trading Jerami Grant this off-season. I?m a Blazer fan so this has beet a hot topic for is.

Would Hart/Bledsoe(only $3mil of his $18 is guaranteed)/2025 Mil 1st rounder get the attention to make a deal happen?

I know a lot of people are talking about the #7 but that may be a little too rich for my blood knowing we?ll have to extend Grant and give away a big asset like Bledsoe or our $20mil trade exception to make the deal work.

We?ve all heard the different rumors about Detroit trading Jerami Grant this off-season. I?m a Blazer fan so this has beet a hot topic for is.

Would Hart/Bledsoe(only $3mil of his $18 is guaranteed)/2025 Mil 1st rounder get the attention to make a deal happen?

I know a lot of people are talking about the #7 but that may be a little too rich for my blood knowing we?ll have to extend Grant and give away a big asset like Bledsoe or our $20mil trade exception to make the deal work.

7, but it is high. I personally wouldn't do it If was the Blazers GM. Not sure what else would work.

Just to add in some mock's I've seen they have Portland select AJ Griffin from Duke. I rather have Grant over him.

no way would Hart/Bledso and Mil 1st gets it done.

no way would Hart/Bledso and Mil 1st gets it done.

I can see how that?s not enough. I?m trying to brainstorm on what would be enough w/o giving up pick #7 as I think that?s too rich along w other contract assets for Grant. Unfortunately, we don?t have much more lol. I do think Hart is a very underrated player but not on Grants level.

Only future 1st round draft pick Portland has to trade is Milwaukee?s 2025. We owe Chi a future 1st that is lottery protected the next 5-6 years.

I can see how that?s not enough. I?m trying to brainstorm on what would be enough w/o giving up pick #7 as I think that?s too rich along w other contract assets for Grant. Unfortunately, we don?t have much more lol. I do think Hart is a very underrated player but not on Grants level.

Only future 1st round draft pick Portland has to trade is Milwaukee?s 2025. We owe Chi a future 1st that is lottery protected the next 5-6 years.

swap out Keon Johnson for Hart.

#7, Bledsoe, Johnson for Grant.

Bledsoe is just a guy...Pistons would probably cut him if they can do it before 6/29

Imo the 7 pick isn't worth a lot. Yes I've changed my opinion. Most likely you won't get a player with Grant's capability.

Imo the 7 pick isn't worth a lot. Yes I've changed my opinion. Most likely you won't get a player with Grant's capability.

I have been reading that he would get a 4 year $112-$120M contract extension which would be for his 29-33 year old years. Not sure if he would be worth that

I have been reading that he would get a 4 year $112-$120M contract extension which would be for his 29-33 year old years. Not sure if he would be worth that

Probably not but if you think he can be the guy to get you a title, the missing piece, why not. Depends on who you can get at 7. Don't watch college much but you could get a KILLIAN
HAYES who was drafted at 7.

Probably not but if you think he can be the guy to get you a title, the missing piece, why not. Depends on who you can get at 7. Don't watch college much but you could get a KILLIAN
HAYES who was drafted at 7.

that's true. But you could also get a Steph Curry, Julius Randle, or Jamal Murray.

that's true. But you could also get a Steph Curry, Julius Randle, or Jamal Murray.

Sure thing on a decent player or risk/reward thing. I'd personal go with 7, for Detroit - still a rebuild. And Grant will cost a lot. But Portland could really use a PF.

Sure thing on a decent player or risk/reward thing. I'd personal go with 7, for Detroit - still a rebuild. And Grant will cost a lot. But Portland could really use a PF.

Grants a 19 & 4 PF on a bad team. Hasn?t put up anything close to 19 on a good team. Big reason we see rumors that Portland is interested is his relationship w Dame.

I?d love to have him out here in Portland but the #7 seems like too much for just Grant.

Grants a 19 & 4 PF on a bad team. Hasn?t put up anything close to 19 on a good team. Big reason we see rumors that Portland is interested is his relationship w Dame.

I?d love to have him out here in Portland but the #7 seems like too much for just Grant.

He's a different player these days. In sports players get contracts and get traded based on what they've done recently. He's only 28. And in your analogy then he'll do well there because they're aren't much better. Injuries aside and Portland really needs a PF, badly.

He's a different player these days. In sports players get contracts and get traded based on what they've done recently. He's only 28. And in your analogy then he'll do well there because they're aren't much better. Injuries aside and Portland really needs a PF, badly.

Wow wow wow my guy!!! Portland is WAY better than Detroit. We have a top 8 player in the league with Dame Time Lillard!! Yes, we had a bad year. Injuries forced us to blow up the team and tank the second half but we?re still light years ahead of Detroit.

Grant may only be 28yrs old but he?s statistically peaked in Detroit. He?s not doing all that scoring on a winning team. Grant?s a good player, I?d love having him as the 3rd-4th option on a playoff/championship contending team. At this point, he?s addition by subtraction for you guys. That?s not worth the #7. Either trade him, lose him or extend him for $25mil a year. Is Cade Cunningham and Grant going to get it done in the D? If you don?t think so, I hope you?re prepared to receive Mil 2025 1st rounder!

Wow wow wow my guy!!! Portland is WAY better than Detroit. We have a top 8 player in the league with Dame Time Lillard!! Yes, we had a bad year. Injuries forced us to blow up the team and tank the second half but we?re still light years ahead of Detroit.

Grant may only be 28yrs old but he?s statistically peaked in Detroit. He?s not doing all that scoring on a winning team. Grant?s a good player, I?d love having him as the 3rd-4th option on a playoff/championship contending team. At this point, he?s addition by subtraction for you guys. That?s not worth the #7. Either trade him, lose him or extend him for $25mil a year. Is Cade Cunningham and Grant going to get it done in the D? If you don?t think so, I hope you?re prepared to receive Mil 2025 1st rounder!

Regardless last year they were bad. All teams have injuries. Not like the previous 2 years before that they were Stellar. Was it Injuries 2019-20 as well. Then barely made playoffs then sucked. And the 7th pick has more chance to fail than succeed.

Rumor that my Blazers are also showing interest in John Collins. Younger, more size, better rebounder, and still has a reasonable 4-years left on his contract.

One thing he doesn?t have is the relationship w Dame that Grant has.

If it came down to trading the #7, I?d lean towards the younger Collins.

That would be dumb for Atlanta. The guy at 7 probably isn't going to be any better. And he's 24. They would need to get much more.

Last edited:
Back