Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jesus blah blah blah!

Yes, I know with 99.9% certainty that it's staged.

This little girl is out on the street without an adult supervisor? Ridiculous.

The camera move towards her as she enters the frame in anticipation of her entry - it moves back and then moves immediately back on her as she first speaks, perfectly framing the two (dude - you do, or used to do, this stuff for a living).

The little girl continually looks to her left, and the look on her face is she is looking to be cued.

As thumb points, the lack of reaction by the preacher is completely un-credible.

The photog. is denying it was staged. Someone claimed that. His response:

Swing and a miss. Like I said, I do have the video to show it wasn’t staged. Although I guess you could claim it is staged no matter what if you wanted to. But rest assured, I did not stage it. And interestingly, it has nothing to do with the actual art project I am developing. If you go to http://robertgosskennedy.com/evangelical-belief-series/ you can see what I am aiming for. Her little tirade was wholly coincidental to my goals. In fact, at that point, and I am being very frank here, I was mostly shooting to work on my video skills. I am trained as a photographer, not a videographer. The difference between the two is quite striking. More than even I suspected. I have had to fumble my way through learning a new medium. A lot of the footage I took was basically practice with any good footage being a bit of a bonus.

Very likely he saw her outside the viewfinder, and I see a stationary camera until she pipes up. And now I understand why it looks a bit amateurish. He's new at motion photography.

I don't know based on what I see that the preacher is in on it. Looks like what I've seen in person ... no point in engaging hecklers, especially kids. So I disagree with Thumb that the lack of reaction says it's fake. As for the kid looking into the lens ... that's what amateurs do.

Last edited:
If it's not staged her mom or dad is probably filming it while the other, if they're still together is cheering her on...

I see subway preachers ignore hecklers almost every week - that is no indication of the scene being staged.

You take the subway?

Damn, Barney Stinson never the took the subway during 8 years of How I Met Your Mother.

The reason I see it as an indication in this case is that she is a very unusual heckler; and out on those quiet streets that is not likely to be heckled very often, let alone by someone like that.

I would imagine those subway preachers are hardened; they probable have the survival skills of a cockroach.

If it's not staged her mom or dad is probably filming it while the other, if they're still together is cheering her on...

I see subway preachers ignore hecklers almost every week - that is no indication of the scene being staged.

The photog is not related to the girl.

Okay. So you at least believe the girl is likely staged, right?

You mean that someone put her up to it? Probably. But that's not what I consider "staged." The photog. claims he has the footage that backs is claim that he did not stage the scene.

The photog. is denying it was staged...

This one famous person once said "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor...if you like your health plan you can keep your health plan..."

Another famous person said "I am not a crook..."

Another one said "...I did not have sexual relations with that young woman, not even once..."

...and another said "Read my lips...no new taxes..."

People don't always tell the truth...

The photog is not related to the girl.

Just making the point that just because there are only 2 people in the frame, doesn't mean she's unsupervised and that her proud parents aren't standing close by - and maybe the guy that shot this isn't related to her but I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear her mom or dad has the same footage on her/his iPhone...

Last edited:
This one famous person once said "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor...if you like your health plan you can keep your health plan..."

Another famous person said "I am not a crook..."

Another one said "...I did not have sexual relations with that young woman, not even once..."

...and another said "Read my lips...no new taxes..."

People don't always tell the truth...

The guy says the girl was a happy accident. I've no reason to dispute that based on the footage. The photog. is doing some sort of doc on Evangelical Street Preachers and she entered the scene unrehearsed, says he. I'll accept that.

The guy says the girl was a happy accident. I've no reason to dispute that based on the footage. The photog. is doing some sort of doc on Evangelical Street Preachers and she entered the scene unrehearsed, says he. I'll accept that.

Isn't the photog a guy? Robert Goss Kennedy?

He says he copy wrote the footage because somebody offered to pay him for it - would kinda lose value if it was staged and he admitted it.

It doesn't much matter to me either, but I'm incredulous of "happy accidents."

Just my opinion, of course, it doesn't effect me either way.

Isn't the photog a guy? Robert Goss Kennedy?

He says he copy wrote the footage because somebody offered to pay him for it - would kinda lose value if it was staged and he admitted it.

It doesn't much matter to me either, but I'm incredulous of "happy accidents."

Just my opinion, of course, it doesn't effect me either way.

The guy (Kennedy) says the girl (lil' miss atheist) is the "happy accident." Yes. Happy accidents happen all the time in the cinema business. There's one every shoot I've ever been involved in. Usually more than one.

okay, I watched the video. seems staged to me too for the same reasons tinsel pointed out.

either the preacher staged it as a publicity stunt for himself , or the little girl's mom or dad (or evil atheist uncle) put her up to it and filmed it. I'd wager $5 it was a publicity stunt; christian losers do this sort of thing all the time.

if it wasn't staged, all I gotta say is that is one unusually bold little girl... watch out for that one.

I don't buy that he was just practicing his videography skills. He has an interest here. This article calls him the co-founder of the Facebook group "Salem Anti Street Preacher Task Force"

http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20131114/News/311149373

No such fear, however, animates the Facebook group?s co-founder Robert Goss-Kennedy. Kennedy garnered much attention and a brief flutter of internet fame with his art installation ?Argue With an Idiot,? which gave members of the public an opportunity to respond to street preachers at equal volume.

?Being a big believer in free and equal speech, I like [level] playing fields,? Kennedy said. ?By inviting passersby to directly confront the street preachers with a megaphone, not only are the tables turned on the street preachers, but a space for public discourse is created.?

does Salem, Massachusetts have a street preacher problem?

I know they had a witch trial problem.

maybe crazies still congregate there.

does Salem, Massachusetts have a street preacher problem?

I know they had a witch trial problem.

maybe crazies still congregate there.

Apparently, that's exactly the issue.

During a session on Reddit?s ?Ask Me Anything,? Mayor Kim Driscoll admitted that she did not like the practice, clashes between Salem witches and preachers turned heated, and the Anti Street Preacher Task Force received 400 membership requests in its first day.

If you'd like to visit, I recommend this costume:

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-python-16545668-845-468.jpg

okay, I watched the video. seems staged to me too for the same reasons tinsel pointed out.

either the preacher staged it as a publicity stunt for himself , or the little girl's mom or dad (or evil atheist uncle) put her up to it and filmed it. I'd wager $5 it was a publicity stunt; christian losers do this sort of thing all the time.

if it wasn't staged, all I gotta say is that is one unusually bold little girl... watch out for that one.

I think the consensus here is that the little girl was put up to it by an influential adult; a parent or guardian or adult relative.

The wickedlocal.com "Argue With an Idiot" in Gulo's post leaves me virtually no doubt that the videographer was in on it because, as Gulo puts directly in the post, he claimed to have been in the practice of putting people up to it.

The little girl doesn't appear to me to be looking at the camera, but rather at something - or someone - just to the right of the videographer - probably that's where the person she was being coached by was standing - next to Goss Kennedy as he was making the video - that would have been a pretty happy accident.

As for the preacher, he probably didn't react because he had simply gotten used to having Goss Kennedy put people up to shouting at him.

oh.

sounds like everyone associated with the video, and everyone who lives in, or voluntarily travels to Salem, MA is pretty lame.

I wouldn't go there.

Che wouldn't go there either. And Joe Stalin? He wouldn't be caught dead in that dump.

You take the subway?

Damn, Barney Stinson never the took the subway during 8 years of How I Met Your Mother.

The reason I see it as an indication in this case is that she is a very unusual heckler; and out on those quiet streets that is not likely to be heckled very often, let alone by someone like that.

I would imagine those subway preachers are hardened; they probable have the survival skills of a cockroach.

Well tell Barney Stinson that during 8 years of How I Met Your Mother I never once watched How I Met Your Mother.

Well tell Barney Stinson that during 8 years of How I Met Your Mother I never once watched How I Met Your Mother.

It's too bad-because Barney Stinson was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuLcxg5VGuo

Actually, I was wrong though.

Barney took the subway once.

He had run the NYC marathon (it ended up seeming to be) and took advantage of the fact the the sub would be free to anyone wearing their marathon runner number.

Turns out, he ended up not being able to use legs after he sat down on the subway, and had to call Ted (the dad) to help him out of the subway.

Barney was always making incredible claims, and would cheat to fool people (the gang) into thinking he had actually pulled them off...

...so when Barney claimed he would be able to run the NYC marathon, we (the audience) kept looking for how he had cheated to make it look like he had accomplished it.

But turns out, he probably actually DID end up running the NYC marathon...as impossible as it seems that might be...

And here is a number from a well known musical for everyone's enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd0fuaD-OwE

I really do miss Whitney...

It's too bad-because Barney Stinson was awesome.

Actually, I was wrong though.

Barney took the subway once.

He had run the NYC marathon (it ended up seeming to be) and took advantage of the fact the the sub would be free to anyone wearing their marathon runner number.

Turns out, he ended up not being able to use legs after he sat down on the subway, and had to call Ted (the dad) to help him out of the subway.

Barney was always making incredible claims, and would cheat to fool people (the gang) into thinking he had actually pulled them off...

...so when Barney claimed he would be able to run the NYC marathon, we (the audience) kept looking for how he had cheated to make it look like he had accomplished it.

But turns out, he probably actually DID end up running the NYC marathon...as impossible as it seems that might be...

And here is a number from a well known musical for everyone's enjoyment...

I really do miss Whitney...

He was pretty good in the Harold and Kumar movies - only saw the first one and the Christmas one. Didn't love either but Doogie Howser made me laugh in both. Whitney was alright but I'm more of a Diana Ross, Donna Summer fan - oh, and Sade but who doesn't like Sade...

Last edited:
Back