Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jimmy Graham

schles192

Just got Franchise tagged, non-exclusive. Right of first refusal and 2 first round picks. If your NE do you make at a run at him? 2 NE first round picks are late picks anyway almost like a Detroit 2nd rounder, and you never know what your going to get with those 2 picks (Bird in hand). The window is closing on Brady and he fits perfectly in the hernandez role and can play anywhere on the field. Cap would be the only issue but I'm sure they can make room. Saints have the right to match but I wouldn't put it past Bill to work in a poison pill as a nice F you to make sure they get him.

Just got Franchise tagged, non-exclusive. Right of first refusal and 2 first round picks. If your NE do you make at a run at him? 2 NE first round picks are late picks anyway almost like a Detroit 2nd rounder, and you never know what your going to get with those 2 picks (Bird in hand). The window is closing on Brady and he fits perfectly in the hernandez role and can play anywhere on the field. Cap would be the only issue but I'm sure they can make room. Saints have the right to match but I wouldn't put it past Bill to work in a poison pill as a nice F you to make sure they get him.

It's an interesting idea, but I think NE only has 1 first round pick...the 29th pick.

not with the ongoing litigation. Graham's camp is fighting to get paid WR franchise tag money. NE wont overpay for a guy not under contract AND give up 2 picks....just not the NE way.

It's an interesting idea, but I think NE only has 1 first round pick...the 29th pick.

I think it would be a 1st this year and another next year. Not 100% but I think thats how it works otherwise whats the point since no teams start with 2 1st's.

not with the ongoing litigation. Graham's camp is fighting to get paid WR franchise tag money. NE wont overpay for a guy not under contract AND give up 2 picks....just not the NE way.

Money would be the issue, but I think he's worth between TE and WR money, maybe 9-10 mil a year. Its not NE's MO to do something like this but Brady only has so many years left and 1st round picks still need to develop and there is no guarantee they can even play at this level, graham is a known quantity so the cost can be justified knowing what he can do at this level.

Back