Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jimmy?s Last 18 Games

biggunsbob

Jim is 10-8 and 6 of his last 8 losses have been by more then 17 points. Almost 1 million dollars per win.

Before the JT was short game Jimmy was 20-4. (.833)
Since the JT was short game Jimmy is 28-16. (.636).

Anyone can win 9 games a season at Michigan with the kind of talent Harbaugh has available.

We need to hire a guy who will come in here, get rid of all this "Michigan Man" crap, and really open up the offense...

know any coaches like that who are available?

Anyone can win 9 games a season at Michigan with the kind of talent Harbaugh has available.

We need to hire a guy who will come in here, get rid of all this "Michigan Man" crap, and really open up the offense...

giphy%2B(1).gif

This guy might be interested.

Harbaugh ain?t gonna win nine games this season at Michigan.

Can’t believe how some are not upset with how Jim is coaching. The loyalty to Jim is baffling.

Can?t believe how some are not upset with how Jim is coaching. The loyalty to Jim is baffling.

I'm upset with losing. The team is not playing up to the standard we expected.

I don't think the situation is hopeless, like I did with RichRod or Hoke.

I don't think any of us are THAT far apart on this, although I don't think you're calling for Harbaugh to be fired at the end of the season (if you are, then I guess we are pretty far apart).

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last year of his contract, anyway. He was asked about that before week one and he wouldn't comment.

It's also a weird season.

I don't think it's fair to use performance this year as much of a measuring stick. If Warde Manuel is not willing to give him a new long term contract, I think Harbaugh should at least get until December 2021 to coach on his own terms.

I don't care about the effect the lack of a long term contract will have on recruiting. Coaching is more important, and I think there's always plenty of talent in Ann Arbor. If not enough to win a championship, at least enough to not get blown off the field by teams like Indiana.

If 2021 is another "Pandemic Year" as it very well could be, with coaches "coaching remotely," pervasive testing, a reduced schedule, etc. then I am okay giving Harbaugh a pass on that one too.

Can?t believe how some are not upset with how Jim is coaching. The loyalty to Jim is baffling.

It's not "loyalty" it's hope that he'll get squared away. If not, okay. Are you rooting against him?

Hell no I never root against Michigan, and I hope they win out but enough is enough Jim?s team is not getting better. There should be no pass. The last 2 games I have watched a Michigan football team that has played with no heart, no emotions, they looked lost on defense, and can?t even stay offsides due to a damn hand clap. It?s time for a due over and we need to stop hiring Michigan men and go outside the program. He has his players in in year 6 and they are making undisciplined plays. They look small. They look lost. They are not being coached very well. It?s like banging my head on a wall trying to get through to the blind followers of Jim.

Last edited:
His contract goes through 2021. If he's not extended before next season, he's coaching as a lame duck which will destroy recruiting. Have to make a decision.

Last edited:
I saw where you got those stats. You should give credit to the one who put them together for you to copy.

Just doing what other news sources do. Picking stats they hear somewhere weather it?s radio or Michigan podcast. Didn?t think it was that important. I use to subscribe to Steve and that YouTube page but I posted something about Myocarditis when the big ten was canceling their season and Someone from his channel called me a liar or a something along those lines so I called them out and asked for a Apology which never came. So I only go there once every now and the now that I don?t get updates. They see the same thing we do. A coach that appears to have little fire left. Least that is what it looks like to me. Normally I post the link to stuff I find just didn?t think it was that important. What is terrible is a Michigan coach who is 10-8 over his last 18 games and getting blown out in 6 of the 8 losses. Seems like we are trending down not up under Jim. I am very frustrated because I thought he was a good hire. Hell I wanted him when he was at San Diego. Well guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Myocarditis almost killed me in 2002. It is no joke and I was in the hospital for a week with my temperature going from 98-104 like every 4 to 6 hours. It was awful. Do not wish that on anyone.

Jim is 10-8 and 6 of his last 8 losses have been by more then 17 points. Almost 1 million dollars per win.

Things are not looking good. I'm mostly kinda just at a loss at this point. We have the talent. We spent the money on coaches. We've gone through 3 different coaching staffs....and we're back to where we started. Super disappointing.

it's over a million per win. $8mm for a 13 game season is $615k per game. Times 18 games is $11.1mm. Divided by 10 wins is $1.11mm per win. is he getting paid less during the pandemic season? I didn't see anything to indicate he is.

Back