Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jimmy?s Last 18 Games

If 2021 is another "Pandemic Year" as it very well could be, with coaches "coaching remotely," pervasive testing, a reduced schedule, etc. then I am okay giving Harbaugh a pass on that one too.

Harbaugh apologist...

If his name wasn't Harbaugh the entire universe would agree.

I already agree with him

That MSU game was the last straw

Fire Harbaugh!!

There is no coming back from that. This is only going to go one way. Does anyone really expect him to build Michigan into a playoff competitor that regularly beats Ohio State?

We've reached the final year of Hoke level

The players don't even know how to get lined up

The QB stands there clapping his hands until there is literally no seconds left on the game clock

The defense jumps offside 6 times in 1 half.

The DB's interfere with receivers when the ball is 10 feet over their heads

There is no organization whatsoever

Harbaugh is either going to leave or he is going to get fired. That is the only way this goes from here. He is never going to build this program to where it is expected to be.

If his name wasn't Harbaugh the entire universe would agree.

Spartan perusing this thread, could not agree more. Some fans seemingly keep moving the goalposts here. If you were to tell a UM fan in 2014 that in 6 years of having Harbaugh as coach, you?d have no playoff appearances, no B1G titles, no B1G East titles, likely soon to be 0-6 against OSU, 3-3 against an MSU program that has nosedived, you?d say this has been a complete disappointment and he should be gone.

Spartan perusing this thread, could not agree more. Some fans seemingly keep moving the goalposts here. If you were to tell a UM fan in 2014 that in 6 years of having Harbaugh as coach, you?d have no playoff appearances, no B1G titles, no B1G East titles, likely soon to be 0-6 against OSU, 3-3 against an MSU program that has nosedived, you?d say this has been a complete disappointment and he should be gone.

When you put it that way...but there are other considerations as well. I think that the point is moot. Barring some major controversy, Harbaugh will coach out the season and step down.

It's a shit situation right now. If Harbaugh steps down, you better hope that he does so before the end of the year. If he waits to secure an NFL gig then it will likely be mid-January before Michigan starts the search for his replacement and the best options for replacement will already be scooped up and the recruiting class will be screwed. He's not getting fired, both because he's Jim Harbaugh and because the athletic department is losing tens of millions this year so they won't pay him $8MM to not coach. We could also be facing a lame duck season which would be recruiting suicide.

Hopefully Harbaugh steps down after the 9th game and Warde can get started looking for his replacement. If they are able to get a replacement in before the end of the year and give that person time to work on the recruiting class maybe they can keep the program from being set back another 5 years.

Actually, hopefully they run the table this year and he comes back and wins a national championship next year. That's highly unlikely.

When you put it that way...but there are other considerations as well. I think that the point is moot. Barring some major controversy, Harbaugh will coach out the season and step down.

I agree with you here.

Well, first I'd be shocked. Then I'd wonder how that was possible, then, yeah, I'd agree it would be a complete disappointment.

I don't think he deserves to be fired over it; he definitely did not have a lucky tenure in Ann Arbor. take away the muffed punt, and that's 4-2 against MSU, and move OSU back a yard in 2016, and that's 1-5 against the Buckeyes w/at least one Big Ten Championship & playoff appearance... he earned the right to leave on his own terms.

but I agree with Byco...

I'm thinking this is more likely now.

I watched his first press conference the week before the Minnesota game, and thought he seemed quietly confident. Now I'm wondering if I totally misread him there. Maybe he was already resigned to this being his last season in Ann Arbor.

Do you think he'll coach again? I'm thinking not, or at least not before a long hiatus.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shit situation right now. If Harbaugh steps down, you better hope that he does so before the end of the year. If he waits to secure an NFL gig then it will likely be mid-January before Michigan starts the search for his replacement and the best options for replacement will already be scooped up and the recruiting class will be screwed. He's not getting fired, both because he's Jim Harbaugh and because the athletic department is losing tens of millions this year so they won't pay him $8MM to not coach. We could also be facing a lame duck season which would be recruiting suicide.

Hopefully Harbaugh steps down after the 9th game and Warde can get started looking for his replacement. If they are able to get a replacement in before the end of the year and give that person time to work on the recruiting class maybe they can keep the program from being set back another 5 years.

Actually, hopefully they run the table this year and he comes back and wins a national championship next year. That's highly unlikely.

Try saying this 10 times really fast.

Not the whole post, just the part I bolded.

Saying the whole post 10 times really fast would be pretty pointless.

And a waste of time.

Back